Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 and .wav files

Guest guest

I've read in numerous other threads that problems with sync in mp3 songs can be overcome by converting them to .wav format.

How will this affect the use of the DC-MP3 unit which appears to support only .mp3 format files?

Martin

grandad wrote:

I've read in numerous other threads that problems with sync in mp3 songs can be overcome by converting them to .wav format.

How will this affect the use of the DC-MP3 unit which appears to support only .mp3 format files?

Martin

Hi Martin,

The sync problems are only during the edit of the song when switching from Full sequence to visable screen. The wav file helps in this area.

Once the song is done you can point it back to the MP3 file and it should be in sync.

Dan,

That's great. Thanks for the reassurance. I intended to try that out when the kit I ordered today arrives...........really looking forward to playing with the hardware at last :D

Martin

Any of your music purchase sites (I-Tunes, Napster, Yahoo Music, etc.) has music available in mp3 format. You can use a music editing program like Cool Edit Pro to convert to a wav file. If you have the music that you want to use on CD, you can rip the song from the CD in either the mp3 or wav format by using Windows Media Player, Roxio or just about any CD burning software.

Almost any free downloads that you get off the internet would be considered piracy and are subject to penalty of law. Yahoo Music occasionally offers free downloads, but it isn't usually mainstream or popular tunes that are available.

I hope this helps!

Martin, Thanks for the heads up! I recently made some changes to my signature and I guess I deleted a portion of the url.

Try it now it should be working.

Dana,

Yep, works fine now.

Going off topic briefly, I like the look of the screen display between the two giant candy canes.

How is that acheived?

Martin

Martin,

I used a rear screen projector for that display. The screen material is just a $2.50 frosted shower curtain from Wal-Mart stretched between the two candy canes. Last year I projected music viszualizations from Windows Media Player, but this year I am working on a complete synchronized video show for my display, including animations, artist performances, and a DJ presenting the upcoming song.

In addition, this year my display will have a bit of a New York feel to it, including a Central Park Ice Skating Rink and a Countdown Ball Drop for New Years. Time is going to be a factor, but I'm sure I will put in some late nights to get it all done in time.

Here is a previous thread that discussed the projector being used in the display.

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=874&forum_id=17&highlight=projector

OKC_Parrothead wrote:

In addition, this year my display will have a bit of a New York feel to it, including a Central Park Ice Skating Rink and a Countdown Ball Drop for New Years.

Dana, I can't wait to see it and since I live in town, I'll make plans to drive by.

Keep us posted with updates and reminders please.

Tom

OKC_Parrothead wrote:

Martin,

I used a rear screen projector for that display. The screen material is just a $2.50 frosted shower curtain from Wal-Mart stretched between the two candy canes.
Here is a previous thread that discussed the projector being used in the display.

Thanks for the info Dana. The projection ideas are great, and that sounds like it's going to be a spectacular show.

Martin

musicman wrote:

If you want to just convert an .mp3 file to a .wav file, I use FreeRip. As the name suggests, it is FREE. It converts the file with no problems.
Thanks! I've downloaded it and have already made some mp3's. I'm on my way to having way too much fun! I'm going to work on Clint Black's "Milk and Cookies" song for starters.