Light-O-Rama Forums

Silent Audio Track

DaveK

Hello All –

I am trying to make a one minute musical sequence using an audio file that is silent and I get the following error message: “Can not set wave array” – “Division by zero” and then the program crashes. This worked in LOR I but I can't make it work in LOR II (S2).

I believe this has been discussed before but have searched the forum for it with no success. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dave

Dave, can't you just add a one minute animation sequence?

New, there are times when you might want a pause in your show for just have an animation not synced to music.

I used a silent audio track so that I could create a ‘Musical Sequence’ without any sound. I used them as “spacers” between my longer musical sequences. That way I can place them in between other Musical sequences in the Show Editor.

Perhaps there is a way to place an animated sequence in between musical sequences, but I haven’t found a way to do this. Suggestions welcome!

If you are using the show editor, when you hit the plus (add) button, on the bottom right of the browser window, click the down arrow next to musical sequences and select either animation sequences or all sequences. You can add animations in your musical tab.

DaveK wrote:

I used a silent audio track so that I could create a ‘Musical Sequence’ without any sound. I used them as “spacers” between my longer musical sequences. That way I can place them in between other Musical sequences in the Show Editor.

Perhaps there is a way to place an animated sequence in between musical sequences, but I haven’t found a way to do this. Suggestions welcome!

Yes there is, you just create a 1 min animation sequence. Then when you go to create your show you just place that one min animation between your musical sequence under the musical tab. Animation sequences can go under animation tab. Also with the upgrade that just came out animation sequences will be treated in the same manner under the musical tab as they would under the animation tab where they will end at the set time you set them to.

If you need to make it longer then just loop it in the sequence editor. I.E. lets say you want a 5 min break. Then you would just create a 1 min sequence and you loop it 4 times, not 5, but 4. Reason you do it only 4 times is because the inital sequnce is already a min long. so you loop it four more times on top of the one it already runs and it would give you a 5 min loop.

Well roast my chestnuts and flock my beard! I was sure that an animation wasn’t allowed in the musical sequences tab in the Show Editor. But did it try it …. Noooooo. (The skeptical Grinch in me still wonders why the error, but that is an issue for another day). Thanks for prompt replies.

Animations used to not be allowed in the musical section, but they are now.

I made a silent MP3 and tried it out, and didn't get this error. Could you please:

(1) Give a little more detail on exactly what you were doing when it crashed - for example, was it as you were opening up the Beat Wizard? Or immediately after completing the "New Sequence" dialog? Or something else?

(2) Could you please send me a copy of your MP3? Maybe mine is not quite as silent as I think it is.

Thanks.

I had this same problem a couple of weeks ago, so I can also supply the silent MP3 file if necessary.

It turned out not to be needed, but there was a thread posted recently as I was getting my lights set up. The poster was having a lag when the show started up, and it seemed to take about 30 seconds for the computer to catch up and sync lights and sound. I wasn't sure if this was an S2 issue or related to the poster's computer.

In any event, one of the solutions was to start the show with 30 seconds of silence to give the computer a chance to catch up and then start the "Real show"....So I thought I would be ready if itw as needed and experimented by making a blank 30 second MP3 file in my audio editor and saving it. Then I tried to build a 30 second musical sequence incorporating the 30 second blank MP3, and I also got the same divide by zero error message.

As I said, it wasn't needed since I didn't have that sync issue when I started up my show....But I can build the sound file that gives that error, since I didn't it twice and got the same error message both times.

Thanks, Randy