Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help Sequencing

bmonroe612

This is my first year doing computer controlled lights. I have a 16 channel controller and have downloaded a few sequences from various sites. most of them are for 48 or more channels. They all look good but dont match my yard configuration. I attempted to alter them to work but it doesn't not work and is getting fustrating. I would like to make my own but have very limited time and still dont fully understand how to sequence. What I would like to know is there any videos that make sequencing easy. I have looked at the tutorials on lor and they show the basics but what i dont understand is how to make lights chase and spot light or dim and fade.

Any luck with your programing? I can find last years setup, I had 16 channels last year, and email those to you if you need them. I think I had 3 songs. You would just have to download the mp3's from www.amazon.com, and you should be up and going. Also check out www.lorsequences.com

Let me know how I can help,

Mike

One easy way that I found out about using sequences that are downloaded is this. Open it in up then save as a new file and give it a new name that you want. Now you have two of the same sequence now ok. Now with the one you just saved as a new file select all the channels and cut the everything so you have a blank seqeunce that just leaves you with the timing marks. Then go up and export your channel configuration so your chanels match and you are working with just your channels, then hit save, not save as, just save. What you have now is a fresh sequnce with the timing marks and your channel configuration. Now go back and open the orginal downloaded sequnce so both of them are open. Then just copy and paste from the download seqence to your new file where you want them so it better fits your display. It might not fix everything, but atleast you have a head start and the timing marks done for you already and you don't have to sequnce every little element of your display from scratch.

Thanks for the input. When I first took the plunge and splurged on lor my wife thought i was insane with all the long hours building light tree and decorating the yard, but she came to realize how cool this is. The only thing I didn't realize is that building the lights and setting it up is the easy part. I just don't know how you guys do 48, 118, or 296 channels. You must have alot of free time and energy. Texan78 I'll try what you said this afternoon when I get back from work. Sucks that work has to interfere with my new lighting project, but I guess if I don't go to work then I cant buy more lights.

I downloaded a couple from lor sequences but they were more than 16 channels. when I deleted channels to make them 16 channel I would get blank spots where there where no lights and only music playing. So then I tried to copy and paste but it threw the timing off in the sequence.