Light-O-Rama Forums

Turn used lights off and end of each sequence

Steven

I like the new ability to not turn all the lights off at the end of each sequence, but I have to be careful. I unchecked the box in the "Musical" tab, but I had a sequence that left the lights on, and it happened to be at the end of my show.

So I have this question: Let's assume I have channels that appear in sequences in the Musical tab, and also the sequence in the Shutdown tab (but these channels do not appear in sequences in the Background tab).

I also have the "Turn used lights off" box unchecked in the Musical tab and the Shutdown tab.

If a channel gets left on at the end of a Musical sequence, and that same channel appears in the Shutdown sequence, ...but... in the Shutdown sequence there are no events for that channel (it's off for the entire shutdown sequence), will that channel get turned off when the shutdown sequence starts?

Another way to ask this question: When a sequence starts, do all channels in that sequence that start off, get turned off?

Jeff Millard wrote:

I have completely revamped my display to eliminate the "All Off" for everything. It gives me complete control, and also allows me to flow from one sequence into another without that annoying flash...

So you must have a shutdown sequence that turns everything off at the end of the show, right? What do you have in that sequence? Does every channel have a "fade from 1% to 0%" to make sure it gets shut off?

That explains why I had 2 channels left on last night.....I'm just going to do what you suggested and have my shutdown sequence (which currently only sends a daytime message to the BetaBrite display) fade all channels off.....

I added the update the other night. I came home today and found a number of my lights still on at noon. Puzzling. Tonight, here it is, 11:25 and several of my lights are still on. Why? Then it hit me. I unchecked the box to turn lights off at the end of each sequence. And the lights that are still on are the ones that were on at the end of the last sequence of the night. I jumped on LOR forums and here is a thread describing my situation. So I need to add a "lights off" sequence for a shut down sequence. Didn't expect that one. I wonder how many others are scratching their heads trying to figure out why their lights are still on!

LightORamaDan wrote:

We will make a change so that this does not happen.

Whoa! There are times when we want the lights to stay on at the end of a show. One example is motion-sensor (security) lights controlled by an X10 channel.