Light-O-Rama Forums

X10 Issues?

seamanrob

Its not anything urgent - its just a little frustrating.

I have two "almost identical" shows. One runs at the top of each hour, and i have included in the background section of the show schedule a file that turns on an X10 channel for the duration of the show - 15 minutes (it turns on the Amp to the garden speakers).

The second show runs from 15 minutes past the hour until a minute to the hour - but does not have that background X10 animation.... (No amp on - just broadcasting on FM).

But no matter - neither of them work the way I intended. So I have resorted for the time being to forgetting the background X10 idea and I just have the Harmony X10 program doing the work for me - turning the X10 AMP on and off a minute before and after the scheduled show.

My question is - am I going about this the right way to start with, and secondly - what can I do to make it work!!

Regards

Rob

I can't tell from your post were your problem is. Is X10 via LOR not working, working part time, not turning on and off at the correct times? How are you connecting X10 to LOR, serial or usb to serial adapter?

X10 is working no problems.

Seems to be getting LOR1 to send the commands to my CM12 unit. It does the commands no problems from the hardware configuration page.... but in practice doesnt seem to send the signals from the sequencer or the showbuilder.

But as said, i have a work-around with my own X10 software knocking the system components on and off as I need them. Actually I think it works out better because I can knock something on and leave it on, or knock it off and leave it off without having to send a constant signal as you do with LOR1

Connecting X10 via USB.