Light-O-Rama Forums

Suggestions for mounting LOR1602W boxes

morganinaboat

I probably missed a useful post on this topic, but couldn't find one specifically for the LOR LOR1602W metal box installation. We're worried about security and safety. No clue how best to install given that the controllers are in the metal electrical service type boxes. Suggestions??? Thanks.

I just use short stakes in the ground, with a "T" on the top, and screw them in.

For security, I use a padlock and heavy cable, attached to the nearest immobile object (tree, flagpole, whatever).

-Tim

I also mount my other controllers in the display to cut down on the number of extension cords running from my garage. I put 2 controllers on the back of my "Tune To" sign. Here are those pics. (I cannot figure out how to post multiple pics in one post)

Attached files 165538=9541-DSC02773.jpg

Thanks Guys. Tim - I'm curious where you loop the security cord through on the LOR boxes for security purposes. Wish they had some sort of mounting / security kit for the metal boxes.

cotrill wrote:

I mount my mega tree controller on the pole. Here is a pic.

Wow, :shock: my jaw dropped when I saw your mega tree. Brilliant, is that a boat winch? Do you use a pulley at the top? Nice, very nice sir, my hat's off to you.

Bill D.

morganinaboat wrote:

Thanks Guys.  Tim - I'm curious where you loop the security cord through on the LOR boxes for security purposes.  Wish they had some sort of mounting / security kit for the metal boxes. 

I don't use the standard LOR boxes except for the 1 showtime controller I have. Most of my boxes have a place for a padlock on them, and the others that don't I route the security cable up through the bottom and padlock it inside the box -- the padlock makes it so the cable doesn't pull back through.

-Tim

Here's my solution.

I chose to mount the expensive stuff in the basement with the AC cords running outside through a 4" PVC pipe with a threaded plug on the end for off season. Still have room for 32 more channels in 2009! The Ramsey transmitter and Mini Director are upstairs near the front window.

Attached files 166121=9563-IMG_1445.JPG

Here is one of my 1602s. I have it next to the house I built a simple box with plywood and 2x4s painted black. They are padlocked to a mobile home anchor in the ground through the front on the controller. No one can see the controller because the front is facing my house. Plenty of air movement also and rainproof because they are protected by the eves of my house and the boxes.

102_0011.jpg