Light-O-Rama Forums

I can't get my show to play

Mona

I have no idea what I am doing wrong but all I get is the sample chase from LOR. I built a show with two songs I purchased from LOR and I want it to play every hour then the lights on the rest of the time. I have put it all in the quick show builder and nothing. It only recognizes 16 channels not the 32 channels in the show and doesn't recognize the show builder at all. Help.

No it just comes up with a update. It just want's to play the sample chase and not the show. The sequence says it has the sequence I bought but it doesn't show me the sequence or let me edit it.

I guess I am. I have two sixteen channels LOR and I bought two sequences thru LOR and downloaded them into the LOR quick show builder. Now I am lost. Can you tell I am not a computer guru. I can't get into the sequence editor or the control panel.This is my first year at musical stuff. Animation was so easy last year I thought i could pull this off with music. LOL

It soulds like you can start the Simple Show Builder. When it starts, pick the mDC-MP3 (even if you have the big DC-MP3)... The reason I am picking the small (black plastic mDC-MP3) is that I do not want to have any schedule (at least for now).

Then when it is asking you what sequences to add, you can click the "All Files" button just below the files selection window. That way it will show all files. Pick a couple of files and move them over to the right side window.

Then write them to the SD card. Put the SD card into the DC-MP3. Let us know what happened.

Dan

I can't do that Dan we are using the computer to run the MP3. If it isn't one thing it is another. I think my big problem is that the show builder isn't reading the 02 unit. This unit is one my hubby wanted to build

CTB16PC Page

He says he has it set to the 02 unit but last night I went in to see if it was set to 02 and there is no switch to turn it to the 02 unit so I am thinking there should be a jumper somewhere to make it the 02 unit. the LOR unit I bought two years ago gives me no problem. Should I make that the 02 unit. both units plays the song fine in the sequence editor so it has to be reading both units somewhere. Would the show builder have a problem reading both units. I just don't understand all of it and I apologize for being a pain in the rear.

I can't access the control panel. Should I re-install the software program for the LOR startup? I can get into the hardware utilities.

Dan I know you are tired of hearing from me and I am really sorry. I really want to be able to do this. We do not have any computer controlled lights in our little town.

You have to set the controller ID via the hardware utility. To do this, only one controller can be attached to the controller. Do you have the instructions that came with the kit?

Okay so we know that the controller works because you can control it with the Sequence Editor.

You are placing the same sequences onto the SD card correct?

When you trying to run the show from the MP3 Director, the original controller works but the new one does not. Does the LED on the new one go on solid?

Do you have the units disconnected from the PC when you have the MP3 Director running the show?

Thanks
Dan

iresq wrote:

You have to set the controller ID via the hardware utility. To do this, only one controller can be attached to the controller. Do you have the instructions that came with the kit?

Just so you know what I am working with I am going to copy and paste it here so you can see. I don't have a director MP3

yhst-1552586516070_2027_266158trans_1x1.gifyhst-1552586516070_2027_274400

This package has everything you need to turn your PC into the command point of a sophisticated light show. The LOR1602W provides enough power to control a 9,000 mini-light display. With the included software, adapter and cable you have the tools and connectivity to put your PC in control of your lights.

This package can easily be expanded with additional controllers as your needs grow. You can stay with hardwired connections or you can upgrade this basic system with Wireless Connectivity. If you are concerned that you may not have what it takes to create a show, rest assured that new pre-sequenced musical shows (not included) will make this package a truly plug-and-play system.

Includes

• LOR1602W - 16 Channel 30 Amp Controller
  • SC485 - Connector (other options available)
  • Light-O-Rama Software - Extended Edition
  • 25ft CAT5e Cable - (other options available)

And I have

yhst-1552586516070_2027_284733
trans_1x1.gif
Card Assembled (Complete Package)
trans_1x1.gif
A fully assembled card with all options required to complete the building of a 30Amp, Outdoor Lighting Controller.
trans_1x1.gif
$205.95

And of course my computer. What do I need to do the Simple show builder. Do I need the MP3 director to do a show???

You do not need a DC-MP3 to control the show. The PC will do it for you.

You have two different types of controllers. One of the controllers has Unit ID switches in it and the other one does not.

Each of those controllers needs a unique Unit ID assigned. The ShowTime unit has Unit ID swithes and you set the Unit ID by setting those swithces. Most likely they are set to "01" and you can leave them that way.

The PC series controller does not have Unit ID switches and you have to set the Unit ID via the Hardware Utility. If the ShowTime unit is '01" you will want to make the other unit "02". To set the Unit ID, connect only the PC-Series controller to the PC then in the Hardware Utilty set the "Old Unit ID" to "ANY" and the new "New Unit ID" to "02" then click the "Change Unit ID button" Make sure that only that one unit is attached to the PC.

Once they both have unique unit IDs you sould then connect them both to the PC and in the Hardware Utility click the "REFRESH" Button... Two controllers should show up.

IF that works out exit the Hardware Utility and start the Sequence Editor. Open a sequence file and then verify that the channels are setup properly. The first 16 channels should be assigned to unit "01" and the second 16 channels should be assigned to unit "02". You can check the channel configuration by right clicking on the channel name and selecting the "Change Channel Setting".

Dan

I have a show. I opted to go to the show builder and build the show that way and wala it played in the time frame I chose it was only about 3 minutes long but it worked. Now tonight I have a 2 hour show scheduled. Crossing fingers it works.

I really wasn't going to jump into the musical this year but it was so easy to do the sequencing when you buy it from LOR with the music attached. I just plugged my lights into the sockets to coincide with the video. The mega tree took up the first twelve sockets and so on. It looked good with Judy P song.

Thank You so much dan for your help and Cmoore for calling me and walking me thru the set up. You guys are my shining stars. I have crawled last year and am walking this year. Who knows maybe I can run in a year or two.

I may be back hubby just bought the FM transmitter.

Now I just have to watch for that sale this summer to buy more channels. LOL

Thank you again.