Light-O-Rama Forums

Why would the sequence not go on today?

Dan Ancona

I have a 16 channel deluxe controller that was programmed as a stand alone. The controller ran for two days, but when it powered up today, no lights. The LED has a steady blink, which I believe means it's running a program. Or am I incorrect in this assumption? I did notice that yesterday there was some 'wash' between channels which I attributed to possibly a common ground. I have an arch w/ a common neutral and that is the one with the wash. That is a channel turning on / off when not supposed to be activated.

so, why would the controller stop running the program?? No cat 5's or data cables, remember this is a stand alone unit.

Which was my plan, however, I was hoping to figure out why the sequence would delete itself. I have issues with this controller saving the sequence before. Once downloaded, the sequence would delete / controller reset itself evertime the unit was powered up. And while I have all your attention, is it common for the unit to 'retry' several times while the download is taking place?

Thanks for the help, Chuck.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's happening again. I downloaded the new software and uploaded a new sequence. Worked well for a few days and last night did not go on. The LED blinks in a consistant .5 second. I then pluged in and ran Hardware Utility, did not find the unit, set the unit manually and downloaded the sequence. Ran OK last night although there are 2 channles that seem to have a short (on when not supposed to be or dim). OK, I turned on the system now (daylight to see if I can find the short) no sequence running....

I am going to repeat the steps above. Why would this happen??? Should I upload a new firmware??

It is possible that the channels are on about 30-50%, that the triac has blown.

You can try to do a reset on the board and see if that corrects the channels staying on. If a reset does not correct the channels, the you need to contact LOR to either get the board repaired of to get the parts so you can do it yourself.

Chuck