Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR1602MP3

Guest guest

I was looking at the owners manual for the LOR1602MP3 and i saw that it said their would be no scheduler, which wouid turn the controllers on at a certain time, until later. Is that correct and how much later will it be? Before Christmas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't all the other controllers have the scheduler already in them?

Thanks.

Chad

ChadH wrote:

I was looking at the owners manual for the LOR1602MP3 and i saw that it said their would be no scheduler, which wouid turn the controllers on at a certain time, until later. Is that correct and how much later will it be?
That is correct--I used one of these last Christmas in a stand a lone display at a church and simply added a cheap timer which turned on the unit at 4:30 and off at 10 PM. Dan will need to answer as to when they plan to incorporate a built-in scheduler.
Before Christmas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't all the other controllers have the scheduler already in them?
Other controllers DO NOT have built-in schedulers--this function is left to the host computer.

Do you think it would be better to just buy the lor1600w controller and a wireless unit instead of the director? Since it would basically be the same price. It looks like i have another decision to make now. Thanks for your input.

Chad

ChadH wrote:

Do you think it would be better to just buy the lor1600w controller and a wireless unit instead of the director? Since it would basically be the same price. It looks like i have another decision to make now. Thanks for your input.

Chad

In my opinion, it will always be better to have the shows directly connected to a computer. Why? It gives you the most flexability through the night. If you want to stop the shows and show off something, you can do so with ease.

It's not always possible, and that's why the other products are out there. Though, if you can do it, then I would highly recommend connecting the show to your computer.