Light-O-Rama Forums

iDMX1000 Firmware Upgrade

LightORamaDan

There was (and still is) an issue controlling a CHAUVET COLORstrip using a iDMX1000. A new version of firmware has improved the situation. It is best to keep the CHAUVET COLORstrip addressed at as low a DMX address as possible.

There are some odd timing issues and although we do not see the iDMX1000 doing anything that is not DMX legal, changing some of the timings improved the situation.

The firmware is available on the Support page at: http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

Dan

Dan

In a future update would it be possible for the iDMX to include channels 257-512 in the data stream? I know it would not be able to control them, but sending 0's is a possiblilty. Or is there a timeframe as to when the iDMX will support all 512 channels?

Why? - I am getting some odd strobing and random colors from a set of led lights that use 300 channels. Though I only control the first 255 channels, the last 44 act up. I have put two different iDMX units on a scope and noticed a couple of instances of random data being sent past the 256 break.

Maybe this firmware update will fix this?

Thanks for all the hard work

Chris

• The topic was locked