Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing Question

LENNY RUEL

Well, we downloaded software suite 2 this weekend figuring it would be easier and quicker to set up our sequencing using beat wizard instead of tapper wizzard. We started with Wizards in Winter (of Course ;o)) It makes it easier also for some of the more complicated parts to go at half speed we found. My question is when we are punching in our channels to turn on lights and want to go back and see how they show on the graph as to if we have them in time, how can we do this with out it going all the way back to the beginning? We got to the real quick part at about 16 seconds in or so and started programming in channels but when we wanted to review, it always go to the beginning. It would be quicker if we could just go to the start of that part. The thread below mentions play range on the tool bar. IIRC we only show play/play again. And if we slide the bar on the bottom to the start of that part and hit play it jumps all the way to the beginning as well. Also with the 10 box per second timing when we hit a beat we noticed the box is very thin. If I'm alternating between grouped channels 9,10,11 and 12 and grouped 13,14,15 and 16 for the most light at one time, do I want to just use those thin boxes alone for a quick flicker or am I going to want to highlight the normal one along side of it as well? Or is this too much flash and I should alternate the full second duration? It seems to follow the music as is. I think it timed out to like 155 bpm so it's about 2.6 per second. I'm thinking it should go beat to beat?

Thanks again as usual.

Lenny

Appleton,Wi.

For your play issue so you can play just a certain part without it starting over. What you do is at the top where file, edit, view, tool, etc. You will see a play. click on that and it will give you some more options. One of those options will be play range and then give you more options. Select Visible Screen. What this will do is only play what is shown on the screen. You can have it play that once, or loop it over and over so you can see it many times to see if it looks right.

As far as your timing issue is concerned. I am not sure I understand your problem. I am sure someone l be able to help you out. If you go to Lorsequences.com there are some WiW already done and timed out. Maybe you can use it as a guide.

There are a couple things you can do.

1. Set a timing mark just before where you want to start reviewing your work and select that timing block. Then press the Space Bar to start from that time line mark.

2. See the attached picture. It shows the menu where you can select the "Visible Screen" and other options such as selected time blocks.

Regards,
Howard

Attached files 165335=9523-PlayRange.jpg