Light-O-Rama Forums

REQ: Keyboard navigation shortcuts

Guest guest

If anyone is taking feature requests for the sequencer software...

Possibly add some keyboard shortcuts? Like when a segment is playing, [ESC] to stop. To clear a highlighted area, the backspace or delete key. Etc, etc. It is a time saver when doing a lot of editing to have keyboard shortcuts.

jmccorm wrote:

If anyone is taking feature requests for the sequencer software...

Possibly add some keyboard shortcuts? Like when a segment is playing, [ESC] to stop. To clear a highlighted area, the backspace or delete key. Etc, etc. It is a time saver when doing a lot of editing to have keyboard shortcuts.

There already are some shortcuts. These are off the top of my head, and I haven't sequenced since last November, so they may not be 100% accurate:

N - turn selection oN
F - turn selection oFf (basically what you asked for with the clear selection)
U - Fade selection Up
D - Fade selection Down
G - toGgle selection
T - Twinkle selection
S - Shimmer selection

-Tim

Those will go a long ways, thanks! (Did I overlook a reference that had these? I'd like to avoid missing good documentation if I am.)

Any way to stop a song while it is playing? I'll be looking at the screen for a beat, find the mark, and I don't want to move my mouse to miss it, but I want to be able to stop the song so I can make my changes.

YA, (ESC) to stop somthing would be great! I dont use the keyboard that much but if that one key could do that then I would be so happy, I do SO much stuff that requires the ESC key to stop stuff (PowerPoint), it is like second nature!

--Daniel L

Yes, apparently you are overlooking good documentation.
You can find these things and other instructions by clicking on "help" in the software.
Choose the search option and enter "Editing equences Using the Keyboard"
It lists the commands that Tim already gave you as well as other useful commands.

jmccorm wrote:

Those will go a long ways, thanks! (Did I overlook a reference that had these? I'd like to avoid missing good documentation if I am.)

Any way to stop a song while it is playing? I'll be looking at the screen for a beat, find the mark, and I don't want to move my mouse to miss it, but I want to be able to stop the song so I can make my changes.