Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation Lag with video

Texan78

Is anyone else having a problem with the animation lagging when you have a sequence with video?

I have a 15 min sequence that has video all the way through and the animation lags big time. It is almost like sequencing blind because you really can't tell if your sequence in the animation is right or not.

I don't think that matters much because in the end. It is all mixed down when the video is put together in Vegas. So everything is level and balanced when the video is created and finalized.

I have all my videos created with a 128 CBR audio setting. All my video is under 3 min. My animation lags on some songs like WIW, and Must Be Santa. These sequences have some .10 and .03 timings in them that are pretty busy.

While running the same sequence with the same compurer with no video runs and looks fine. Running with video the animation gets slow or missed and looke choopy.

I can't imagine it being anything but the computer is not fast enough to do it all. I have a 1.3 gig processor with 512 megs of ram. I also have Breakaway installed on this computer and the video/animition problem is way worse if breakaway is running. The computer runs breakaway and sequences fine with no video.

I would be interested to learn the computer specs of people who are not experienceing any animation lag while running video.

I have a 2gig laptop with 4 gig is ram that did a test run with video that looked fine. I need to try and run a whole show using it and see what happens.

My seems to run better when it is not overclocking and I have restarted. It isn't great, but it is better. I have a 3 GHz processor with a gig stick of ram. So it isn't cheap or slow by any means. It runs pretty fast with all the is on it. I built it from scratch so everything that is in it, I selected.

I think my problem my be that my video is 15 mins long.

Texan78 wrote:

My seems to run better when it is not overclocking and I have restarted. It isn't great, but it is better. I have a 3 GHz processor with a gig stick of ram. So it isn't cheap or slow by any means. It runs pretty fast with all the is on it. I built it from scratch so everything that is in it, I selected.

I think my problem my be that my video is 15 mins long.

That would be my guess. I would think that your computer should be plenty fast enought to run the animation and video no problems........Wouldn't it be a major pain to split your sequences and video apart? I wonder if it would improve if it was just split in half, or somewhere close.

Did you run video last year?

I ran video last year while using AD and there was no animation lag using the same computer that I am running the show with now. I wonder if LOR S2 takes more to run?

No I didn't run video last year....

Well the song is almost 15 mins long. It is Disney Believe in Holiday Magic which is 13 mins alone. The first part is Charlie Brown Christmas, the meaning of Christmas. The first and last 10 seconds is a loop with my Display name and Freq so I it will run smoothly into the animation. Not thinking that you can't run video in animation. Makes sense why you can't just wish you could so you could have something displaying during breaks like a video loop with my display name a station. So there is not really a way to split it up since it all goes together and the majority of the song is 13 mins. The other 2 mins probably won't make much but it is part of the show.

I have another sequnce that is video and only 3 mins. I need to check it out and see if it happens...

I'm pretty sure you both have tried this, but if not:

Have you turned off as many other programs as possible? Like anti-virus, etc.

If you go to "Start","Run", "msconfig" then the Startup tab, you can select or de-

select all the TSR programs you do not need.

Should help gain some speed.