Light-O-Rama Forums

One more success story....

-klb-

What a relief... Saturday December 6th, we went live with a 600 channel, three data network LOR show, that had never been completely tested. The show is on a city firehouse, and an adjacent park. The parks and rec department have been trying to schedule the relocation of one evergreen tree for a couple of months... The tree was finally moved out of our way December 2nd, and we quickly stood up several elements in the fill dirt where the tree was, and the elements that were based off of that location.. Completion of an electric service install for the park (400A panel, with 50KVA transformer) did not happen Thursday or Friday as planned. A low noise 125KVA generator as is often used at concerts and events was secured for opening night, and the next few days. The generator was wired into the panel for the service, and we had power to the 20 controllers in the park by 3PM Saturday. Thankfully the only controllers that did not show up turned out to be due to GFCI's that had never been reset since they were installed, and were easily remedied. People were already showing up in the park across the street, waiting for the parade to go by, and the nights events to start, while we were still testing the elements in the park from one of the volunteers laptops.. About an hour before the show started, that data network was plugged back into the show PC, and we verified communication to those controllers. About a half hour before the show went live, the final versions of the sequences were loaded, and put into a show, and the show scheduled. Once the mayor finished his speech to kick off the show, we enabled shows in the control panel, and watched everything for the first time... Not quite perfect, but only a few channels are either plugged into the wrong place, or incorrectly assigned, and I'll work on those Monday.. Today was just a recovery day after taking a week off work, and putting in 14+ hour days getting everything together...

I just wanted to say thank you to Dan and company for making a product that works so well that we put together this 33 controller plus 15 DMX fixture show on such a last minute schedule.

- Kevin

P.S. The above is not my personal show (yet to be assembled) listed in my signature but rather http://TheColonyChristmasSpectacular.org

Congratulations on making it just in the nick of time. I hate it when a plan doesn’t come together till the last minute. But that always seem to be the way things go.

• The topic was locked