Light-O-Rama Forums

End time Conflicts with another show

dodgertrue

I went to change the Friday and Saturday end time for my show in show editor from 9:00 to 10:00 starting next week and I got a box stating that the end time conflicts with another show. There isn't anything scheduled after this show but if I click just below where the show ends and hit edit the time box show that something is scheduled from 10:00 to 10:01:16. But there isn't anything in the file box to tell me what. I was trying something in the shutdown scheduler earlier thus week but had deleted it. I hope this is clear and have given enough information that someone can tell me what I need to do.

Thanks Greg

dodgertrue wrote:

I went to change the Friday and Saturday end time for my show in show editor from 9:00 to 10:00 starting next week and I got a box stating that the end time conflicts with another show. There isn't anything scheduled after this show but if I click just below where the show ends and hit edit the time box show that something is scheduled from 10:00 to 10:01:16. But there isn't anything in the file box to tell me what. I was trying something in the shutdown scheduler earlier thus week but had deleted it. I hope this is clear and have given enough information that someone can tell me what I need to do.

Probably, it was something scheduled for an overlapping time on another day and you may have had multiple checkboxes selected for "days". This is kind of a quirk that has annoyed me, and I hope it gets fixed in some future version. Try editing one day at a time.

This has happened to me when I have set up test shows. I know there is nothing scheduled on other days because I never set anything up except for that time slot and if I accidentally put in lets say I want it to end at 10 and I put 9 and try to go back and change it I will get that box too. It would be the last show of the night too so I know there was nothing after it and I know there is nothing on other days since they are just test shows. So I hadn't set up other days so there couldn't be anything there. Glad to see it isn't just me....

I will try to explain how I have been doing it.

Using the Weekly schedule editor, lets say I have a Show "A" Mon thru Thur 5:45PM - 10:PM and also Show "A" on Fri and Sat 5:45PM - 11:00PM, and I want to change the Tue and Thur to Show "B". If I open edit and just change the show to "B" and Check Tue and Thur I will get the show conflicts message. The only way I have found to do it is to change each day of the week show one at a time.

Lets say I want to change Mon thru Thur from 5:45PM start time to 5:40PM, same thing happens, even tho there is not a conflict the software thinks there is, I have to change the times one day of the week at a time.

Pain in the butt yes, but not a big deal. The show still looks great.

Bill

Yes, I have noticed the same thing. The edit always gives me the conflict box so I just delete the show and re-enter the information, one day at a time.

Push Eject wrote:

Ditto. I have to change them one day at a time too or I see the same error.
Ditto.

The main way I get around all this scheduling mess is to have one 30 minute long musical sequence. That sequence includes all show music, break music, silence and voice overs.

No worries about background, start up or finishing sequences. I just put em' in there where they belong and take em' out when they are supposed to go away.

Once the scheduler loads the one show in the cue, it can serve it up instantly and repeats this until the show is over.

It's the KISS principle.

Charles