Light-O-Rama Forums

DCMP3 Director Firmware Upgrade

Schuyler Gore

My mp3 director will not accept schedules, it just plays the show as soon as an SD card is inserted. I think I might need to upgrade firmware but I had a question or two. Really, the show will run right now I just have to be there to start and stop it. This director is being used on the city's display so I really don't want to mess it up. The question I have is when it says the unit must be powered up, I am making sure that all I need to do is plug in the LOR1602W, leave the switch in the off position, and use my CAT5 patch cable over to the director and then plug my computer RJ45 plug into the director then follow LOR directions for update?

Guest wbottomley

If your director card was shipped between the dates shown on the support page (www.lightorama.com/support), then yes. It would need to be flashed again.

Make sure your selector switches (page 12) on the director card correspond to what you're doing.

Connect a pc to the director card and set the correct time (page 15).

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/DC-MP3_Man_Web.pdf

Schuyler Gore wrote:

My mp3 director will not accept schedules, it just plays the show as soon as an SD card is inserted. I think I might need to upgrade firmware but I had a question or two. Really, the show will run right now I just have to be there to start and stop it. This director is being used on the city's display so I really don't want to mess it up. The question I have is when it says the unit must be powered up, I am making sure that all I need to do is plug in the LOR1602W, leave the switch in the off position, and use my CAT5 patch cable over to the director and then plug my computer RJ45 plug into the director then follow LOR directions for update?

Make sure not to connect a LOR device directly to the RJ45 connector on your PC. You will need a LOR adapter (USB485, USB485B or SC485) to connect your PC to the unit. Then you will need to download the latest firmware file from the support page and use the hardware utility program to download that firmware file.

When downloading firmware you will need to have the power on OR a USB485B (booster) which will power the DC-MP3.

Make sure to set the internal clock if you you are using schedules.

Dan