Light-O-Rama Forums

Show suddenly stopped working

lutmd

Show has been running fine for a week. Suddenly tonight, everything is a mess. Only three out of nine controlers are working and there are Lights coming on when they shouldnt etc. I have not made any changes to the sequencing or to the show. I tried disabling the show and enabling again, but no change. I have rebooted computer. I have re-downloaded software 3 times. I have changed out the cat5 cable going to controler number 1. The red lights were all solid but now they are all blinking. The hardware utility does find all 9 controlers. Any ideas or suggestions. Thanks for your help

Thank you so much for your input. Before I started trying to trouble shoot it this morning, I thought I would try running the show one more time. Sometime overnight it has miraculously healed itself. Everything is working fine now. I even put the original cat 5 back on so everything is exactly the same this morning as it was before the troubles started. I will keep my fingers crossed that this does not happen again. You just don't know how many people came by last night and I had to tell them I was having technical difficulties. Thanks again for your help and I hope I don't need your it again this season. smile.gif

lutmd wrote:

Thank you so much for your input. Before I started trying to trouble shoot it this morning, I thought I would try running the show one more time. Sometime overnight it has miraculously healed itself. Everything is working fine now. I even put the original cat 5 back on so everything is exactly the same this morning as it was before the troubles started. I will keep my fingers crossed that this does not happen again. You just don't know how many people came by last night and I had to tell them I was having technical difficulties. Thanks again for your help and I hope I don't need your it again this season. smile.gif

Do you turn the power off to the controllers?

I keep mine on 24 hours and just disable the director. So far so good, it also helps keep condensation from forming inside the controller boxes.

Yes, I live in Texas now and we do get cold weather but not much snow and ice. I am a transplant for Pittsburgh.

yes, everything stays on 24/7. This is my second year and the first time I have ever had a similar problem....and hope it is my last. And by the way, I grew up in Texas so I know the weather here in So Cal is much better than yours. :P

Hi,

I had the same thing happen to me this evening. When I left about 30 minutes after the show started, everything was running just fine. When I came back an hour and a half later everything was out of whack.

The one channel that is in my background sequence, which stays on the whole show was turning on and off. Another channel that controls the static portion of my display, which only comes on during intermission, was turning on and off. Other channels were not firing to the proper sequencing either.

To correct the issue, I went to the PC and disabled shows. When the status updated to disabled, I shut down the LOR control panel, and then started it back up again. I then enabled shows, and the show kicked off and is running correctly again.

Any idea what caused this? I am using the USB-485B adapter, and the cable with Ferrite chokes on each end.

Chris