Light-O-Rama Forums

Software Stops Responding

Scott Lorbacher

When my LOR program starts at the scheduled time, it runs for about a half hour before the program stops responding. The only solution seems to be restarting the program. Does anyone else have this problem? If so can you point me in the right direction?

The next time that this happens, could you please check if it's using any CPU (via Windows Task Manager)? And what else (if anything) is using significant amounts of CPU? Thanks.

I am seeing a problem similar. What I am seeing is that a show does not start at the scheduled time. I go to the computer and check the LOR status and it pops up as a blank window.

I can't disable and enable shows because the menu is unresponsive and I can't unload LOR either. When I try to shut down, Windows tells we that LORMonitor.exe is not responding.

I checked the CPU usage and the CPU is less than 2%. The only way I can recover is by power cycling the computer. This happens about every other day, sometimes sooner.

The computer is running WinXP SP2 and is a Dell D600 laptop. The LOR interface is the USB488 with booster.

Any suggestions?
PS:
This issue happens with both the 2.0.16 and the 2.1.2 releases.
I check the controllers, and the LED is flashing on both of them.

I've been seeing this issue more recently this year also. I'm going to install the new software release and see if it goes away. Unsure of the LED board status when this occurs..... Havn't troubleshot it much and I'm not completely convienced that it's not the laptop....

Matt

When things are hung try unpluging the USB adapter and see if that frees up the programs.

Power save settings on the PC can sometimes hang the USB so in the control panel make sure that all power save settings are turned off.

Also the USB hardware/drivers can be hung due to noise/interference on the USB line. This can be corrected using a a filtered USB cable which is found on the accessories page.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

When things are hung try unpluging the USB adapter and see if that frees up the programs.

Power save settings on the PC can sometimes hang the USB so in the control panel make sure that all power save settings are turned off.

Also the USB hardware/drivers can be hung due to noise/interference on the USB line. This can be corrected using a a filtered USB cable which is found on the accessories page.

Dan

The PC does NOT have any power save settings enabled.

The interface came with the filtered USB cable.

Unplugging and replugging the USB cable corrects the hang up. I also rolled back the USB driver but that did not stop the hanging issue.

Since unplugging the USB cable corrects the problem, sounds like there may be a communications problem. Any idea how I can correct this or what else to look for?

Thanks,
Bob