Light-O-Rama Forums

Control Panel Not Responding

Rick Ouellet

Hello,

I'm running version 2.0.16 and I have an issue this year that I never had last year. My show is scheduled to start at 5:00 P.M. When I got home at 5:15 the show was enabled but not running. I noticed when trying to close the control panel status box it said this program not responding. I closed everything and reopened it and everything ran fine for a few hours until all the lights turned off along with the music. Same thing it said this program is not responding. Once again I reset everything and it was fine for the rest of the evening.

This morning I checked the software and it had the same issue. Has anyone seen this or have any idea what could cause this?

Thanks,

Rick

Hello,

One thing I forgot to mention is that this years show is running on a different PC. I just noticed my hardware utility on the new PC that I'm having issues with is only version 1.5.10. Not sure why because all the other LOR utilities are 2.0.16. Is it possible to only update the Hardware utility?

Thanks,

Rick

Open your sequence editor, and make sure it's running 2.016 as well.

It sounds as if the other machine hasn't been upgraded to LOR2 yet. I say this because I'm 99% sure the upgrade process upgrades your Hardware Utility as well. If it's showing 1.5.10, then there is a good chance you need to upgrade.

Hello,

Control panel, Sequence Editor, Show Editor and Scheduler Editor all show up as version 2.0.16 but the Hardware Utility shows up as version 1.5.10. I know it's suppose to get upgraded with the install, but it doesn't look like it did. Does anyone have a link to the install so I can reinstall version 2.0.16? I'll start with that.

Thanks,

Rick

Don,

Thanks for your info, I've run a repair on the install of version 2.0.16 and the hardware utility now shows up as version 2.0.16. I will keep everyone posted if this corrects the issue once my show runs tonight.

Thanks

Rick

Hello,

Looks like I still have the same problem. I had the control panel running and with it just waiting to start my scheduled show it stops responding after a few hours. I've uninstalled and reinstalled version 2.0.16. Now we'll see if that helps it.

Thanks,

Rick

Need Help Bad,

The PC will stop responding before the show starts and sometimes midway through my show. I've checked my pc power settings and insured its always on, no screen saver. I've gone through and checked all my channel configurations to make sure they're all defined as this was mentioned on other threads. Had no issues last year? One thing I'm doing different is running a background sequence instead of a start up and shut down sequence to run a few static lights. I've ordered the USB cable with ferrite's at both ends from LOR.

Anyone else have this issue or ideas on what to try next. I'm away on business and I've got my 11 year old son making sure the show is running and if not resetting it for me. I have had to reset every night since I started Dec 1st.

Rick O.

If you are using a USB adapter it could be a USB hang. The New PC may have more sensitive USB hardware.

When it is hung, see if unplugging the USB cable unlocks the program.

Dan

I think you need to get one of the filtered USB cable from the accessories page. The USB hardware on this PC is not as tolerant as the other PC you used.

Dan,

While your online, I'm using both ports on the USB485B; one for each side of the house, is it possible this is letting more noise in than just one? I could reroute it to use one port. I won't be able to try it until later in the week.

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Glad to report that the filtered usb cable took care of the issues I had with the show not responding and shutting down by itself on a daily bases.

Since I put in the cable the show has not shut itself down at all. Perfect :D

Thanks to all who responded.