Light-O-Rama Forums

Using TWO USB adapters?

JeffF

I'm already planning for next year and I want to have 16 to 32 channels for "other" things related to my display. I want to be able to have a static display in our side yard and I also want to be able to control lighting for some "NO PARKING/PLEASE PARK IN DRIVEWAY" signs. I'm also thinking about modifiying the 18 blowups we have so that their blowers and lights are on seperate circuit so I can dim their lights during the show.

At any rate, I know I can do this with a seperate computer but I was wondering if I could plug TWO LOR USB adapters and control seperate networks with two instances of LOR.

I'm doubting it, but you never know. ;)

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Jeffrey wrote:

At any rate, I know I can do this with a seperate computer but I was wondering if I could plug TWO LOR USB adapters and control seperate networks with two instances of LOR.

I'm doubting it, but you never know. ;)

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

S2 does have the ability to control up to 4 networks of controllers. But I do not think you can have more than one instance of the show player running on a computer at a time. Presently you cannot launch the control panel more than one time on a computer. Sounds like you just need to define channels in a background sequence for some of what you want to do next year.

Chuck

Cool, didn't know you could have multiple networks.

And I wondered what the background sequences were for, maybe I'll experiment a little this year to see how they work out. I don't want certain things to blink on/off/on during the time it takes LOR to go to the next sequence.

Thanks for the info.

-Jeff

Everything you discussed can be done with just the one network. I have inflatables that are controlled by LOR and I have signs as well. So really no need for different networks just program them into each sequence.

How do you get the lights to stay on between sequences? Is that where the background sequence comes in?

I have our FM sign programmed in to our current sequences and it annoys me that in between songs is goes out, and then comes back on. This is what I want to avoid if possible.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Jeff,

Yes put things in the background that you want to stay on during the entire show. NOTE: if you use a channel in your background sequence, DO NOT use it in any other sequence. For example. If your tune to sign is on controller 2 channel 3. Make like a one minute animation that has channel 2.3 and only that, remove 2.3 from your song sequence.

Chuck

Ah, I'm beginning to see the light. :) This seems like the way to get what I want then. I can't wait to find some time in between the "Honey Do" list that I have been accruing for the past 11 months. :D

-Jeff

Jeffrey,

I have 18 controllers and 10 universes of DMX for a total of about 3500 channels all controlled from one serial adapter/one network.

I have had no problems since I initiated the system and no latency problems with the DMX equipment.

The KISS principle is the best principal to apply. I would only expand the system if needed for some reason.

Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, KISS worked again. I played around with the background sequence option tonight since our show couldn't go on due to rain and soaking wet ground(yep, GFCIs were tripping).

Worked like a charm.

Thanks again everyone for the advice.

-Jeff