Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility

Judy

I successfully ran the Hardware Utility program. Now trying to create a sequence. However I continually receive a message saying the serial port is in use.
HOW do I turn the utility OFF??

Thanks

I closed the dialogue box by clicking on the x in top right hand corner. Still get the same message when trying to create a sequence.
More a Mac user than PC. Is there another way to close the hardware utility I'm not aware of?
Thanks again

Judy,

I had that same issue while setting up the display. I would use the HWU to check things. I ultimately did a shut down ( not restart complete power off) and then rebooted the computer.

By chance are you using the USB485B? Might try unplugging the usb and let the computer release the comm port. For me that did not work is why I ultimately shutdown the computer.

Chuck

If your talking about the comm port error message when you forst start the sequence editor, open the sequence editor, go to edit, and under preferences you can turn off the network preference. Just be sure to turn it back on if you want a "live test" of your sequence.

so far, just turned the controller off completely. Now I can open up sequence editor, etc. But will keep copies of all the advice submitted.

Pulled a quick one. Purchased a song with musical sequence off LOR today. Since time is running out, I think the best to do is simply fill each piglet of the controller with strings of lights. Not really sure how this will look when running, but may be better than nothing.

This project is simply overwhelming. I've just spent another full day and may have accomplished one small step to LOR success.

Have a great one.
Judy