Light-O-Rama Forums

It has started..

Guest guest

Y'all are witnesses to the onset of a strange obsession that seems to have come over me. First step off the top of a slippery slope, no doubt.
Sure, I've strung up lights before, but I can see I won't get off quite so easily this time.
Fact, I wonder if I can wait for the sale?
First purchase (Hobby Lobby) -- I couldn't even wait until dark to take pictures.
Half a dozen more sets of these babies & I can ANIMATE. :D

Attached files 46554=2752-P5181155-small-jpg.JPG

greenmeanie wrote:

Being a Yankee :D what do pink flamingo's got to do with christmas? I always wondereed LOL

You may or may not be aware that a large number of PC members have a deep appreciation for blowmolds. The original pink flamingo manufactured by Union Products was a blowmolded plastic item. The plastic pink flamingo (PPF) is therefore accepted by the 'molders as a blowmold. There were some in depth discussions about the history of the PPF and theorizing about adding a light. At the first P.C. convention (PLUS 2003) in a "half joking" tribute to those discussions, there were 3 sets of PPFs among the door prizes. At this point the PPF was still on the periphery of topics at Planet Christmas. Enter John Sr. from way up north in MN (deep in yankee territory). He went on a mission to have the PPF declared the official plastic bird of MN and further to make it a mainstream topic here on P.C. At PLUS2005 there were hundreds of PPF. So, Pink Flamingos do not have anything directly to do with Christmas but they are a tradition here on P.C.

Now as for being a yankee...I really can't help you. You could consider moving south but I must warn you that it takes a while to assimilate. :]

TED

P.S. Could someone please move this thread over to "Lights, Lights, Lights"?

And for the animated, wireframe flamingos, those of us that are not in Florida have to buy them online. I get mine from www.BeallsFlorida.com .

In my display, I have them pulling Santa's sleigh!

But, My spouse and I are overboard on Flamingo stuff. We have blowmolds, light covers, door knockers, bamboo curtains, mailboxes, watering pails, light pulls, keychains and flamingo crossing signs.

:shock:

:cool:

Ted, you are right this should be in Lights. This is the first area fo the board I posted to, and just natuarlly gravitated here with this post/thread.

ok
-Jon
Dale W wrote:

In my display, I have them pulling Santa's sleigh!

Dale W wrote:

And for the animated, wireframe flamingos, those of us that are not in Florida have to buy them online.

I they sell them at Michael's. If so you can use their weekly 40% off coupon.

TED