Light-O-Rama Forums

Show stops, but music doesn't...

Kevin N

Once, all of the lights were off...but the music was still cugging right along. The other time, everything stopped. The first time, I had to reboot the PC (hard reboot via holding down the power button) to correct this problem. The second time, I just unplugged the USB cable going to my USB485B unit...plugged it back in, disabled show, then re-enabled show and it worked fine. Is anyone else having any problem with this kind of behavior?? I'm running 2.0.16 on an XP laptop. This is a bit frustrating due to the fact that I don't even realize the show isn't running until I happen to glance outside and see that the lights are off.

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated. By the way...I am running an Antec laptop cooler that is USB powered through my PC...but this has never seemed to cause any type of problem before.

I also updated the USB drivers last year to the current ones (at least at that time).

Again, thanks in advance for any/all help.

Kevin

Thanks for your response, Chuck. Do I need a filtered USB cable? I'm not having any issues with the hardware utility...just sometimes during my live show. Will a new, filtered cable correct this? Again, thanks.

Kevin

Kevin,

I don't really have the answer to your question on if the filtered cable will work. Dan at LOR would probably be the best to answer your question. You might try contacting him to inquire.

Chuck

Thanks Dan...I just had it happen again (music playing w/ no lights). This time I noticed it pretty quickly (I heard the 3 vehicles watching the show drive off at once...pretty good indicator that something was awry). I'll order one of those cables A.S.A.P. (along with some spare fuses for good measure). Again, thanks for your help (and your's too, Chuck).

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: The new USB cable seems to have fixed the problem (the reason I'm saying "seems" is I don't want to jinx myself). Hopefully this update will help any others with this problem. Thanks for all of the help.
Kevin