Light-O-Rama Forums

HOW TOUGH IS IT REALLY?

LENNY RUEL

Well, first year with a contoller. We bought a 16 channel complete package during the summer sale. I plan on adding more each year, but will probably stop at 64 or 80, 96 max. I have about 15,000 lights on static display and another 8000 plugged in to the contoller. What I did was divide the front of our house into four 8' sections and ran lights vertically every 8 inches in three colors, red, green ,and white.

This has 12 channels tied up and for the last four I made 7' tripod trees out of 1/2 inch conduit and wrapped them with 500 white, green, and red minis each. I put these in front of the four sections on the house by about 10 feet. We have a 45 song playlist in the lightorama software all set up in MP3 192kpb files. My plan is to put the music and lights together every fourth song, so 1,5,9,13 etc. Then the songs in between would just play the music, although I may program up one or two different channels every song just to put some variety to it. Whats next? Tapper Wizard time for those 11 songs I want to put the lights too? How hard is it going to be to do this with 16 channels and is there an easy way? I see if you download SS2 it has beat wizard instead which looks to save a ton of time. But, I don't even know where to find SS1. We got the advance version disc with the kit, is this technically software suite 1? Oh yeah, I hope the FM transmitter they sell is decent. The road is only about 50 feet from our front window. It's the gold one they sell right on the website for about $90. Thanks in advance for helping this true rookie out !!

Lenny

Appleton, WI

Hi Lenny

Well speaking as a newbie myself this year I do not think you are going to get 11 songs programed for this year. It took me about an hour per min. of song to program 5 songs I did. I started back in Aug. & finished about the middle of Sept. At this late date I would go to the LOR website & download a few sequences that other people posted & use those this year & start in Jan. doing your songs for next year.

Mike

PS. I used to live in Neenah & heard you had some snow earlier this week. Do not miss that but still cold here in Fla.

Greetings,

I haven't purchased anything yet, but for the 16 Channel/software, etc., do you think I should go ahead and buy the "Holiday Light Designer" in addition to the LOR software....also, would I be better off going ahead and going wireless?

Chris - Macon Ga.

Well I can tell you this about about the transmitter, I live on a hill in the country so my broadcast range is great, I cover out anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile easily with it. I have read some that don't like it but I know I get good coverage out of mine. Our house is off the road 310 feet uphill the broadcast is crystal clear, no problems here. As far as sequencing which is what it seems your talking about. If you use the beat wizard just make sure you watch your change of tempos in the songs you are doing, if not it will be a little messy where the beat changes.