Light-O-Rama Forums

lor1 verses lor2

bartonkay

To upgrade to LOR 2, you'll first have to have LOR 1 installed, and have run an LOR 1 program (e.g. the Sequence Editor) at least once. Then close LOR 1, including the LOR Control Panel (i.e. the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray), and all other running programs too.

Then get the LOR 2 installer from:

Run that, and you now have LOR 2.

LOR 2 understands sequences that were created with LOR 1 just fine.

However, the reverse is not true - LOR 1 does not understand sequences that were created or modified by LOR 2. So if you decide to fall back to LOR 1, you will not be able to use any sequences that you created or modified with LOR 2.

But, when LOR 2 modifies a file that was created by LOR 1, it also saves a special unmodified backup copy of it. So you'll at least have that.

If you are already up and running with LOR1 for the season. I suggest you wait till after the holidays to upgrade. If you have your sequencing done there isn't much advantage to upgrading now. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

If you are already up and running with LOR1 for the season. I suggest you wait till after the holidays to upgrade. If you have your sequencing done there isn't much advantage to upgrading now. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

That is what I had planned to do and wait till it came out on disc, but some of the stuff I wanted to do I couldn't do in LORI so I had to upgrade.

I agree with Brian, even though S2 is great, if you can wait I would just so you are not having to worry about compatibility issues with your sequences.