Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC no longer Communicating

joseph1701

I purchased a PC-CTB16PC-Complete during the sale this year. Attached all of the wires and tested the unit. It worked great, put up my lights and have had it running for 5 nights with no problem. Then tonight The unit wasn't running the lights (the music was playing but no lights). I rebooted the computer and still nothing. I tested the Fuses in the LOR unit and they read as fine. Plug everything back in and ran the Hardware utility and it does not detect the LOR unit. Ran auto configure and nothing. The Led On the LOR Controller board is Flashing steadily (2 flashes per second). Tried another computer thinking that might be the issue. still the same problem. Tried a different Cat 5e cable still won't find the board, and then tried both cords in the 2nd R45 jack still nothing. Looked on the web site and reset the LOR Controller (Pulled the jumper powered it up powered it down and re installed the jumper) Still no luck getting it back up.

When I run Auto Configure It says there is no LOR Controller Connected (Which I have checked several times)

On the other side of things Most of my lights are new LED's as are most of my extension Cords. But I went and tested them with a regular plug any way and found no issues that could have caused this to happen so I am now at a loss to figure out what to do next. I am not overly handy with a soldering Iron which is why I ordered the completed card in enclosure...

Sorry for the long post just want to make sure I covered every thing I tried already.

Since you say that the LED is flashing the controller is at least getting power on the right side (9-16) of the board. Your problem has to be communications between the computer and the controller. What adapter are you using? Sounds to me like your adapter may have died or has some other issue.

Chuck

Joseph,

Is this bad controller you only controller?

the SC485 gets powered from the first board on the LOR network. This is why the manual says to keep this cable to 100 feet or less when using this adapter. Longer run will cause to much voltage loss and not be reliable.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

I also lost all communication between controllers and computer. The show was working fine and I can not refresh and find the controllers. I am using CTB16D's. Any ideas? Thanks Doug I forgot to say I checked all the comm cables and made sure to power is on all controllers. I even replaced the first controller in which is about 80 feet from the controller. I am using a usb 485 connector. Again thanks for any help guys.

My issue appears to be the adapter between the computer and the cat5 cable. I am waiting for my replacement to get my show back up and running. I'll post if that actually fixes the problem. The adapter I am useing is the sc485-rj45.

• 2 weeks later...