December the 3rd, and still no Sequence

gunwalder

Well, here it is December the 3rd, and I still don't have a musical sequence. Due to a series of unfortunate events, and poor planning, I am sitting here at the computer totally overwhelmed with this light display.

Last year I had 16 channels, started off with about 4 songs, no big deal. This year I jumped to 80 channels, and I can't get a handle on the sequence. I don't know what it is. Just the fact it is 5 times the channels, or "writer's block", but I am not happy with anything I come up with, and I only get about 25 seconds into a song before I want to quit.

I have 98% of my display up, figured I would get my sequences written so I could at least have some display up and rolling, but I can't get out of the batter's box.

Any encouragement or thoughts for someone feeling so helpless?

Mike

Try just adding on to last years sequences. Run the old sequence and watch for spots where you can imagine doing something cool with your new display elements. Use the new elements to build to a climax at the end of your old songs.

go simple. we went from 24 to 88 channels this year so I know what your going thru.

Here is one sone my wife did for us. Oprah gave away this song, it's beginning to look like Christmas.

maybe you can use this. Good Luck, you can do it!!

Attached files most wonderful time.lms

Sweet, I will check that out today.

I went back last night and watched the tutorials, and that seemed to give me a little direction, hopefully I can roll with that little momemtum.

Merry Christmas,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I just started this year (One of the winners this summer!) and we too had long and drawn out loss for our family. I couldn't even think about lights till after Thanksgiving. I've dreamed about being able to do this for so long and after all we've been through, was ready to postpone till next year.

As I do every year when things get rough, I thought back as to what got me into this in the first place. It's the joy we are going to give to some small child.

I know kids in my neighborhood that, well let's just say my lights may be what it takes to give them the spirit of Christmas. The awe that no matter how bad things may be, there is still hope.

It's not how many, how big, when you start, what songs or not, and it's definitely not strobe lighting your neighbors into hypnosis! To me it's the celebration of the miricle of life.

In 2 week's I've set up 15,000 lights (50% new rigging), learned how to rip MP3's, learned how to sequence 32 channels of music, and delt with my frustrations of learning something new at 1:30 in the morning. I hope to light em up on Saturday. This is still plenty of time for all to enjoy. This support site is such a blessing.

I wish I had some larger sequences to share, utilize the one's that are out there and don't forget silence is golden-plain animation is a wonder to behold too.

Hang in there,

Bill D.

Mike,

I agree with Reg Wertz. Just to get something going, copy / past your old sequences into your new channel config. Then you can move that stuff around to make it work for your 80 channels.

Then when you get ideas you will already have a base for your sequence.

It may not be a fresh new sequence like you want but at least you will have some sequences that you can get together with less holiday stress.

Good luck,

Mark

DONE!!!! We are so thrilled to finally have a working display. My wife and I hugged each other and watched the first show with a tear in our eye. It has been a long pre-holiday season already.

Thanks for all the ideas and support that came my way these last few days, it helped a bunch to keep me focused.

We had a hiccup with the song I choose being out of sync due to some bug in S2, but after reading the forum and saving it in a .wav file, it worked fine. We only have one song in the show, :), but give me a few more days and we will have a few more to show off.

Thanks again,

Mike