Tracks

Gremler

In the LOR 2.0.16 Help it say's:

"Do not simply set two different channels in different tracks to the same unit ID, circuit number, et cetera. Doing that will have unexpected and undesired results, as the two different channels compete for control over the same physical circuit."

If I am reading this correctly, I can not have my 8 Mini-trees on unit ID 6 channels 1-8 in my Mini-tree track and the same unit channels 9-16 in my Bushes track.

And while I am showing my ignorance is there a maximum number of tracks I can have? presently I have 7 and the sequence editor is doing some screwy stuff.

Bill

To put it another way, Don't simply "Edit - Add New Track" and then re-create your channels.

You always want to use the Copy/Move to track feature when copying/moving channels between tracks.

You could also Duplicate Track, and delete the channels (From the new track) that you don't need.

Not necessarily...

Re-create the tracks correctly. Then copy/paste the timings to the newly (and correctly) created tracks.

Can I take the work I have done, and move it to a new track and then delete the old track.

Ok going to try it while waiting for response.

You know I should have played with tracks sooner, I have a song that was only partially done so decided to add tracks.

Bill

I moved the tracks and deleted the old messed up tracks and it seemed to work, no weird stuff but will keep an eye on it.

Now back to the original question - can one have a controller shared between 2 tracks? I don't see why not, but the way I read the Help file one should not do that. before I spend much more time on this sequence would really like to know.

Bill

P.S.

Thanks Don, if this worked I seriously owe you one.

Paul Roberson

I use 26 tracks when sequencing. What I do usually is "duplicate track" then name the track. You can also select "duplicate timings" while duplicating tracks.

After I get the new "duplicate track" made I delete the unwanted channels, or move the channels around in the order I want them.

My track 1 is a "all channels" track. It is just what it says all channels are in it. Most all of my programming is done in one of the other 25 tracks.

I think as long as you have a "all channels" track with ALL your channels listed in it, you can delete any of the other tracks and not have a problem. I have never lost any programming deleting any other track besides the "all channels" track.

Gremler wrote:

can one have a controller shared between 2 tracks?

Yes. You just need to make sure that if the same channel appears in both tracks, that the sequencing for that channel is the same. For example, lets say track A has timings all over the place and you want to program your mega tree using clean timings. You can create an additional track and copy your mega tree channels to that new track (using right click, copy to new/other track). Any programming done in this new track will automatically appear in the original track. When you are done, you can delete the new track or leave it. It makes no difference.

If you have channels 1-8 in track A and 9-16 in track B this is OK, also.

Were you run into trouble is if you add a new channel in say track B that already appears in track A and it has different sequencing. This will cause problems as the two tracks are at odds with each other.

Hope this makes sense.

Just got off the phone with Don, it makes alot more sense now, Thanks Don.

Senat him a copy of my sequence, it seems the screwyness I saw is a problem with my PC, I had channels show up above tracks from different tracks, If I scroll down the problem is not there, if I scroll up I would see channels there that are not. if that makes any sense. anyway i am going to ignore it and just schroll down.

Bill