Light-O-Rama Forums

Continuity test on power buss bar on board indicates 150 ohms

Dale W

I am rebuilding a 1602W controller and was testing the power supply to make sure my wires were not touching.

On the left side, there is nothing to worry about.

However, on the right side, I got a hit on continuity. I am using a Fluke meter that registers tone when there is continuity.

At first, I got a slight signal, so I removed the wiring, and made sure there were no renegade strands that may have been making incidental contact.

After reinstalling the wiring, I remeasured. But in lieu of zero continuity, I am registering about 170 ohms. I have never seen this happen before and am not sure what to think about it.

I went so far as to remove all wiring and test the buss bar itself and sure enough, it is registering about 170 ohms.

What do you guys think?

The right side has the transformer on the board in the circuit. The Left side does not. This could be your resistance. Try removing the voltage setting jumpers and see if you still read the resistance.

The right side of the board provides power for the on board electronics. The left side only controls the lights connected.

Chuck