Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel 11 News

Charles Belcher

Here is the link to the video of our house Channel 11 put up on their web site this morning.

http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=35447@ktvt.dayport.com

They called us yesterday afternoon at 1:30pm and asked if they could come out.

Yesterday was supposed to be our "soft" opening where we could find bugs and make little changes as needed. Instead we were in costume from 5:30pm until the the TV truck drove away at 8:55pm; all the time in a full adrenaline rush.

We had to take the show off of the scheduler and manually run it from the sequencer as we started and stopped it about a dozen times while they took shots.

They went live at 7:03pm. 7:08pm, and 8:30pm, then did a brief replay for the 10:00pm news.

Charles and Vickie Belcher

Charles, TXA 21 did a much better job then Ch 11 did. Of course when I got there that night as you know, they were just leaving so I only got to see the Ch 11 part when I got home until I saw the online clip just now for 21.

Let me tell you guys, Charles takes his display to the next level every year and very nicely done. I love the elfs, I saw it last night and even though it still wasn't fully operational because the studio spots were not on and they weren't doing the Santa and Mrs Claus show they do. It was still very very cool. I will be going back to see it this weekend because my daughter has been dying to see it since last years show was over and I am sure she is going to love it...LoL

Wow the News did a great piece! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Your display is fantastic! Absolutely Fantastic!!!!
-Evan

So I go outside at 5:15pm to do my daily system check, angel check, moving light check and there is a SUV parked across the street.

I think, OK someone wants to make sure they are getting the primo spot for the first show tonight. I am in the front yard checking the dc motor for the angel when this gentleman gets outs of the vehicle and walks towards me.

I instantly notice a lanyard around his neck and his black satin jacket. He introduces himself as a reporter for Channel 23 and asks if he can shoot the show and do an interview with me.

Now, we had a fairly large crowd last night and I am thinking that I can coast through a easy Sunday night. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

To be continued...

9:28 pm??? Shouldn't you be up on the roof top...LoL

Yea I heard you had a good night last night and tonight. I know I have sent a lot your way and they all gave raving reviews and feedback and really loved it.

I know you have the audio for the Ho Ho Ho in your track, but do you have the arena deck mic'ed? Even over the speakers it is loud with yall boucing around up there. Someone Friday night was worried yall were going to fall through. I told them, nah they are safe, It is very stable.

Oh yea, that other display is at Bobtown and Lyons. Just take Bobtown back under 30 and follow it around. It is across from the feild that the power plant owns.

Here is the link to our Channel 23 Univision TV coverage from Sunday night. This was aired on the 10:00pm news.

The dialog is in Spanish but our Christmas lights are in Laplandish and easily understandable.

http://www.univision.com/content/videoplayer.jhtml?cid=1756381

• The topic was locked