Light-O-Rama Forums

Lowes: 50% off starts 12/2

JeffF

I verified this myself at our two local Lowes this morning. Solid color minis are already pretty low in quantity, so much so I bought out the Reds from one of our stores and I only bought 2 1/4 cases.

Funny thing is one store charged $1.19 per 100 and the other charged $1.20 per 100. :D

-Jeff

Nary an LED in sight, save for a few net lights (yuck!) at my Lowes around 5pm tonight... The worker said they went very fast...

Picked up a couple of led strands myself - didnt realize stuff was 50% off

just happened to notice the sign as I was shopping for wire ( to add to the 3 miles of SPT i already own)

i need more spt B) so off to lowes i'll be going today for that and lights apparently since they're 1/2 off.. i have a deadline of this weekend to get the show going... (i'm not even finished sequencing yet 'cause my brother can't make up his mind... and 80 channels on a laptop screen is a lot of scrolling... *cries into hands...*)

I picked up the Santa inflatable last night for $65. I've been looking at that one for a while but couldn't bring myself to spend $130 for it. It will get set up tonight. My wife asked me where I was going to put it. I'm not sure, but I'll find a spot.

You had to tell me about this. I went in and bought 14,500 lights. 19 sets of rope lights 80 sets of 100 mini,s. 8 sets of icicle lights few window items. ect. I was talking will the employee about this and he said in a few weeks they will go to 75% off. I told him I would buy now and come get the price match. One tried to tell me I couldn't do that but I said its fine because these are for next years display. If they wouldn't do that I would return them and then purchase them again at the 75% off. At least this way I have the lights. When they are 75% off they might not be there. The bill ran me about 225 dollars. I thought my wife would freak but she said i guess for that many lights it was ok.

friskybri wrote:

The bill ran me about 225 dollars. I thought my wife would freak but she said i guess for that many lights it was ok.

She's a KEEPER! :cool:

-Jeff

friskybri wrote:

You had to tell me about this.   I went in and bought 14,500 lights.    19 sets of rope lights 80 sets of 100 mini,s.    8 sets of icicle lights few window items.   ect.      I was talking will the employee about this and he said in a few weeks they will go to 75% off.   I told him I would buy now and come get the price match.   One tried to tell me I couldn't do that but I said its fine because these are for next years display.   If they wouldn't do that I would return them and then purchase them again at the 75% off.    At least this way I have the lights.   When they are 75% off they might not be there.    The bill ran me about 225 dollars.   I thought my wife would freak but she said i guess for that many lights it was ok.  

Many stores won't let you return stuff once it's on clearance, except at the current clearance price, for the reasons you state above...

-Tim

friskybri wrote:

You had to tell me about this.   I went in and bought 14,500 lights.    19 sets of rope lights 80 sets of 100 mini,s.    8 sets of icicle lights few window items.   ect.      I was talking will the employee about this and he said in a few weeks they will go to 75% off.   I told him I would buy now and come get the price match.   One tried to tell me I couldn't do that but I said its fine because these are for next years display.   If they wouldn't do that I would return them and then purchase them again at the 75% off.    At least this way I have the lights.   When they are 75% off they might not be there.    The bill ran me about 225 dollars.   I thought my wife would freak but she said i guess for that many lights it was ok.  

Many stores won't let you return stuff once it's on clearance, except at the current clearance price, for the reasons you state above...

-Tim

I didn't see anything written that stated cant return for price you paid. The ad, nor the signs showing 50% off stated that. Maybe I will get a copy of that tomorrow so they cant say yes it was and take a picture of their return policy. I could be wrong but it would have to be stated. I have kept everything in the box for next year. I wouldn't think they would want to fight over 50 dollars. Especially if I would use that money to buy more lights. LOL. It seams there was another post from beta tester II that did this last year. Anyone have more info on Lowe's return policy. If they don't want to price match I would just buy what I could at 75% and return the same items on the 50% off price receipt. I have worked in retail for 11 years before switching careers. It would have to be printed somewhere.

Our ultimate goal is for you to be completely satisfied with your purchase from Lowe's. If you receive an item you are dissatisfied with, you may return it within ninety (90) days** to any Lowe's store for a refund or exchange within our current return policy guidelines. For additional assistance, visit your local Lowe's store or you may call toll-free 1-800-890-5932 and one of our customer service representatives will be glad to recommend alternative return options that may be available. Information contained on the invoice will be necessary to process the return or refund. Please have the invoice ready when you call. After the return period**, products will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty as applicable.

**30 days for Outdoor Power Equipment
(mowers, chainsaws, blowers, tillers, trimmers and pressure washers)

**7-days for Major Appliance Manufacturer Defect
(We will replace your major appliance within 7 days of delivery/purchase if the unit has a manufacturing defect. Contact the Lowe’s store listed on your receipt to arrange replacement)

After 7 Days for Manufacturer Defective Issue: Please Call Lowe’s Service Advantage hotline toll-free at 1-888-77-LOWES (56937) to set up a factory-certified service appointment in your home, or for any general assistance, or use and care questions. Canadian customers, please click here to be taken to Service Advantage-Canada.

Store Refunds, Returns and Exchanges

If you choose to return or exchange your product at one of our retail stores, please bring your receipt or invoice with you to ensure a quick and hassle-free return. To find your nearest Lowe's store, use our store locator, or call our automated line at 1-800-890-5932.

I just drove down today from Ontario Canada (not as far as you think) about 45 mins each way. Anyway, here's why I drove down. Here in Canada the best price I've ever seen on 100 count mini lights "outdoor" is 8.99 on boxing day. So anyway, I drove to Amherst New York and bought 12 cases (12 boxes a case) of 100 count mini's. Thats just over 14000 lights. I thought I was dreaming with the price....you kidding me???? 1.29 for 100???????

Anyway, the trip back across the border was hilarious...the border guard looked at me and said....what??? you bought how much of what??? he actually asked me jokingly if my last name was Griswald!!! I paid the 20$ duty and was on my way.

Anyway, got them home and I'm going to string them up tomorrow.

As for my wife......she's going to string me up tomorrow!!!!!

Sometimes when you return something that is now on sale (no matter what you paid for it).. you only get the current sale price in exchange for your merchandise.. so you won't be ahead on the game, only equal. But it would be worth double checking to be sure.

friskybri wrote:

The bill ran me about 225 dollars. I thought my wife would freak but she said i guess for that many lights it was ok.

You realize you just committed yourself to spending at lease $225 dollars on your wife for Christmas.:)

So I'm walking out of Lowes with my 8000 lights and thinking to myself, gee 8000 lights just cost me $200 at 50% off how did someone get 14,500 for $225? So I reviewed the receipt and what do you know, the cashier overcharged me $50 by entering a 75 instead of 22 at $1.20. If it wasn't for your posting I probably would of never caught it. Thanks.

Just a tip, The person that runs www.lightazmic.com in modesto bought all his lights for his mega tree this year from lowes. After 5 songs all the lights blew out. They were GE. He took them back demanded for a refund and went to target and bought all philips. Works great now.

Just some info for you all!

Thanks for the heads up on the GE lights. I am glad I bought the other brand Holiday something instead of the GE lights.

Just a heads up for those waiting until the 75% off sale... DON'T!!! Both our Lowes are COMPLETELY OUT of 100ct Holiday Living lights. (the $2.39 ones)

I picked up my clear lights today and I wanted to get 6 cases... well... they had 8 and the lady behind the counter went to get the last 2 after I talked with her for a minute about how crazy everyone went with buying lights this year. She said yeppers, people are nuts(as she looked at me). :D

At any rate, if your stores are anything like ours(and we live in a small to medium sized city), don't wait any longer!

-Jeff