Background sequence is going crazy, help.

Bret LeFevre

I have a 1 minute animation sequence that is my light for my sign. It is .10 timing thru out, all on at 30 percent. I have this in my show editor as a background sequence. I have nothing set for this channel in any musical sequences or voiceovers. Now this has been fine for 2 nights but tonight, after a musical sequence, the light goes out. Then randomly comes back on between 5 to 25 seconds into either a voiceover or a musical sequence. It is LOR 2 version 2.0.16 running on a Windows XP machine that ran the show last year. The only difference this year is I'm using the background sequence. The last 2 years I always had the sign light in the sequences. When a sequence would stop, the light would go out but as soon as the next one started it came back on.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Does the background setup not really work?

I'm attaching my sign light sequence.

Attached files Sign.las

Double check your musical sequences and voice over sequences for that channel being in them. Any channel used in a background sequence cannot be in any other sequences. This causes a fight for control.

Chuck

I have nothing set for this channel in any musical sequences or voiceovers.

If you mean "I do not have this channel in any other sequences", good.

But if you mean "I have this channel in other sequences but those sequences don't ever ask the channel to turn on", that's probably your problem. Having the channel in the sequence, without telling it to turn on, is having that sequence tell it to turn off.

You should remove the channel entirely from any sequence in which you don't intend it to be used.

I mean this channel, controller 4 channel 12 is only in my sign.las sequence. There is no other controller 4 channel 12 in any of my musical sequences or voiceovers. And there is no controller 4 channel 16 in any of them either for my donation box light.

I just double checked.

So any other ideas?

Ok, I'm watching the show very closely and it runs thru totally 2 to 3 times without any problem. Then after a musical sequence or a voiceover, bam. Out goes the 2 lights on separate channels. And not the same after the same sequence either.
All the voiceovers are mp3's and the musical sequences are mp3's and wav files.

So I don't think it's a sequence problem.

I've got what sounds like a similar problem, except it's the fan's in my blowups. They randomly flip off every once in a while for about 15-20seconds. Long enough that they deflate half way, and make my giant snowmen almost look like they're taking a bow. :) It doesn't happen every time through the show, and doesn't happen in the same spot when it does. Completely stumped.

To make it sound even more strange, my sign is also in the same sequence as the fans (in the background tab) and the sign stays lit without a blip. I've double checked my sequences and the fan and sign channels are not listed in any others.

Weird, right?

Just flood lights from home depot. I have the sign on at 30 percent and the donation box on at 40 percent. I can't remember if they are 60 watt or 100 watt since I'm not using them at full wattage.

Sounds like the same problem with my lights. Very wierd.

hosehead wrote:

I've got what sounds like a similar problem, except it's the fan's in my blowups. They randomly flip off every once in a while for about 15-20seconds. Long enough that they deflate half way, and make my giant snowmen almost look like they're taking a bow. :P It doesn't happen every time through the show, and doesn't happen in the same spot when it does. Completely stumped.

To make it sound even more strange, my sign is also in the same sequence as the fans (in the background tab) and the sign stays lit without a blip. I've double checked my sequences and the fan and sign channels are not listed in any others.

Weird, right?

I'm glad I read this thread, I'm having the same problems with my X10 channels I put into a 1 min background animation sequence.

It would turn on the X10 channel, but then turn off a few seconds later. I could figure out why?!

I didn't realize I actually need two separate configurations and no overlap between channels in the background and the musical sequences ... thanks!

Bret,

What happens to the show if for testing purpose you just unplug your sign and your donation box? Are you possibly using any CFL in your display anywhere else?

Chuck

I am using two small 2ft fluorescent lamps in my sign. Only the sign and the blowup fans are in the background sequence (on separate controllers though). Could this be the cause?

I'm not using any CFL's, just regular floods. I haven't tried unplugging them to see if it will affect anything else. I really don't want this problem to start traveling.

I'm thinking about changing the 2 channels to 2 vacant channels on another controller that have never had a channel assigned to them and see what happens.

Any other thoughts?

Yes, your problem could be caused by the florescent lights.

That does not appear to be Bret's issue.

Ok, tonight I took a new this year controller that has 2 never before programmed channels and setup a new animated sequence 1 minute long and put my 2 lights on 2 different channels so that it was all new.

I STILL have the problem. I know for a fact these channels are NOT in any sequence nor have they ever been.

Ideas? Anyone?

Could you please send me copies of your show file, of the sequences in your show, tell me which one has the problem, and what channels in that sequence have the problem?

To be clear, I would like to look at all of the sequences in the show, not just the one with the problem. And you don't have to send me the audio - just the show/sequence files themselves.

Thanks.