Light-O-Rama Forums

Overlapping sequences

Pioerpaolo

Good morning and happy new year.
Unfortunately I'm asking for help again.
I've noticed several times this holiday season, throughout the show, that the sequences that they're shooting, they do what they want. I'll explain. During the sequence, I noticed that the matrices and the tree, all 3 in E1.31 on pixcom16, give overlapping images of different sequences together. I didn't notice whether it was the one in play and the previous or subsequent sequence that were superimposed, but I see images that are not from the sequence being played. This evening, in order to understand something and then report back to you, from the control panel I gave the command to turn off the sequence after its end, and was amazed that it continued to work. So not happy I gave the command to turn off immediately, and there too nothing. So to continue with the test, I shut down the PC via software, from Win10 so to speak. I was amazed again, the sequences just kept going. In this case, they only ran on pixcon16, while the LOR ones were turned off. Ok, let's continue, I turn off the power to the timer that powers the entire network, I even turn off the network switch, where the PC and the pixcom16 cards are connected, leaving the PC still on, I turn the timer back on, and the sequences go as before again , i.e. only pixcon16, and the LORs, even if the hub saw them, didn't work. Now this last problem, that the LOR cards were not working, is the last problem, what I am interested in solving is the problem of the overlapping sequences, and understanding why if I turn the power supply to the cards off and on again with the PC off, they continue to function. This is the data copied from the control panel:

Light-O-Rama S6 Control Panel (64-bit)
Version 6.2.18
Copyright 2022-2023 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Pro Edition
Registered to: Pierpaolo Pieroni

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
Intel® HD Graphics 530.

I hope it was exhaustive and that the online translator helps me to make myself understood.

Happy New Year again

Pierpaolo Pieroni

You don't have a Director on the network, do you?  If not, it almost sounds like you have one controller that has had a sequence uploaded to it and it is sending out data on the network. 

no I don't have a director

13 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

You don't have a Director on the network, do you?  If not, it almost sounds like you have one controller that has had a sequence uploaded to it and it is sending out data on the network. 

I don't know specifically on the Pixcon16, but other controllers that can have  a sequence uploaded is done through the Hardware Utility.  Also use the HU to remove an uploaded sequence.

21 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I don't know specifically on the Pixcon16, but other controllers that can have  a sequence uploaded is done through the Hardware Utility.  Also use the HU to remove an uploaded sequence.

Thanks Jim, but I think this can't be the problem. In the sense that, HU is used to set the pixie16 or LOR cards, the pixcom16, no, and they are the ones that continue to work, unfortunately, and I don't think that sequences can be loaded, if I remember correctly, they are cards that cannot be used with the director

On 1/1/2024 at 11:48 PM, Pioerpaolo said:

Mostly disregard as you are running the Pixcon16 on E1.31 - not a LOR network.  However, disconnect the network cable from the Pixcon16 and see if anything plays.  If it does, the Pixcon16 itself has a stored sequence that needs to be deleted.