Light-O-Rama Forums

adding channels to my sequences

mike ammirato

Not a dumb question. Here is how I do it.

First, make sure all your sequences have the channels all lined up the same. In other words, channel 1 is the same across all sequences, channel 2 is the same, etc.

Starting with one sequence, add the new channels at the end of the sequence. Name them and make the appropriate assignments. Export the configuration. Open each of the other sequences and import the new configuration.

I am not sure there is an easy way to add channels in the middle of your sequence because when you import that configuration in your other sequences, the timings will remain in the original order but the channel properties will change.

Hope that helps.

iresq wrote:

I am not sure there is an easy way to add channels in the middle of your sequence because when you import that configuration in your other sequences, the timings will remain in the original order but the channel properties will change.

If you export your configuration to the rest of your sequences wouldn't that fix the timing on the rest of the sequences since it will add the new channels and you would be using the same channel configuration across all your sequences? Granted, if the new channels were added in between the sequence.

HI,

I'm still a newbie but to add channels to my sequence i open the sequence in the sequence editor and then select "Tools" and then "Channel Property Grid". then i select "Add Channels" and tell it the number of channels i want to add and select Ok. It adds them below my current sequenced channels.

Steve

Texan78 wrote:

iresq wrote:

If you export your configuration to the rest of your sequences wouldn't that fix the timing on the rest of the sequences since it will add the new channels and you would be using the same channel configuration across all your sequences? Granted, if the new channels were added in between the sequence.
If the new channels are added in between, they must be added in the other sequences as well (as I understand it). It is a great tool in other ways... For instance, you have a channel whose action would be better in a different channel... 2 channels that you want to switch places... Instead of cutting and pasting, drag them to where you want them and reapply your configuration... blam you're one...
S

Texan78 wrote:

As near as I can tell, the sequence editor is like an excel spreadsheet. The first column holds the channel information. The rest of the columns hold the programming information.

When you export and import your configuration, you are only exporting and importing the first column. The rest of the spreadsheet stays intact.

It would be great if when creating a channel label, it applied to the entire row like naming a range in excel. Not sure how easy that would be as each sequence is a different length. Excel ranges are fixed in length.