Who has the most lights?

dotyb

Richard Hamilton

1 bulb run by a pet hamster on a treadmill. And man, he is running fast just to keep it lit.

It's not the number of lights, it's how you use them :)

At least that's what us with light envy say!

The wife just asked me how many lights I had to have to be satisfied. So I was just wondering how many everybody actual ran.

I told her I would let her know as soon as I reached satisfaction.:)

54,606 that I am able to count. That doesn't count lights on wireframes and specialty lights that have strands of like 30-40 lights on stars, wreaths, etc. and not counting DMX fixtures and projector, snow/fog etc.

42720 lights, not including the LEDs in my DMX multi color floods.

D.T.

PS... Only fools are satisfied - Billy Joel in "Vienna"

I'm amazed how people can keep track of lights and extension cords. I now have ~40,000 lights. It could be 38,000 or it could be 42,000... I'm really not sure.

I do plan ahead but I noticed I add lights where I feel I need them(this past weekend my son and I added 24 100ct strands to our 12' tree). All I do to make sure I'm not overloading anything is take current readings on each channel and per each controller. Other than that, I guess I don't really "count". :D

-Jeff

So is it safe to say once you hit 40K you just stop counting and just estimate from then on?

To tell ya the truth with just over 11K I really got tired of keeping track and thats not a lot of lights standing with this group. Plus it seems like to me once everybody passes 40K it really does not matter anymore.

Don't worry more stupid question/statements to come...

Honestly-

we all know its not the number of lights that make you a man

its the number of control channels:P

On that note, is anyone else really happy that a 16 channel controller only costs $99? I ended up adding another one late in the game just to get our snowflake wall going. Compared to blowups or those "cheapo" light controllers at Lowes(or even LEDs...), that $99 is an awesome way to spend your money. Very big *BANG* for your buck there. B)

-Jeff

• Like 1

Im very sad after reading this thread now. I am stuck renting (now I will never be able to buy a house, grrrr) and the house is old as dirt!!! I have only 2 twenty amp breakers that power all the outlets in the house, that is right a whole 2 20amp breakers!!! It gets better, NO OUTSIDE OUTLETS!!! And the house is only 1100sq ft so I am severly limited. Electrician says he could hook it up for 10K....LOL!!! I'm sick but not sick enough to improve someones elses house.......yet.

So we have 13000 lights

But 323 channels.

Compact and stimulating! Like a dance club!! Beware, may induce seizures.

Richard Hamilton

Guys, my brother in Tennessee has us all beat. See photo.

Attached files 165139=9515-lights.jpg

Jeff 1S.A.H.D.

thebaronn wrote:

Im very sad after reading this thread now. I am stuck renting (now I will never be able to buy a house, grrrr) and the house is old as dirt!!! I have only 2 twenty amp breakers that power all the outlets in the house, that is right a whole 2 20amp breakers!!! It gets better, NO OUTSIDE OUTLETS!!! And the house is only 1100sq ft so I am severly limited. Electrician says he could hook it up for 10K....LOL!!! I'm sick but not sick enough to improve someones elses house.......yet.

So we have 13000 lights

But 323 channels.

??? how come so many channels with so little power

jeff

have some blowmolds with a single C7 bulb in there.
Now that's a waste!! I have one controller with 14 C7 bulbs and one 100W bulb!!! But can't have Santa and his reindeer all light up at the same time!!
Especially when the song is only about Rudolph!

I'm crossing my fingers I can get a home loan soon!!!
At least before Halloween!!!

You guys win.

We don't count lights; we count smiles and that total is 100,000,000,000,000,000 to the third power! (and that's just this week)

Mikey

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Guys, my brother in Tennessee has us all beat. See photo.

That is to cool, would sure like to see it lit up. I may have to sell all my equipment and try that next year. I know it looks like alot of effort, but I'm up to it.

Well I did kinda keep track of things this year just to see where I was at. Last year was my first year with LOR and I just bought and bought and put up. This year I was curious where I was at and I came in at 22,777 bulbs. The bulbs didn't surprise me to much, but the extension cord list did, 3841 foot of cords.

Wayne