Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3

Guest guest

I read the user manual for the DC-MP3 that is posted on the Light-O-Rama site and just want to make sure I am properly interpreting a couple points.

1. Limitations - Even though each song is limited to ten minutes, the entire sequence or show can be longer.

2. In order for a show to start, run, and shut down automatically, an external timer and power brick must be attached. If power is received continuously from one of the controllers via the RS485 then the DC-MP3 will start as soon as power is applied and run 24/7 or until the power is interrupted.

I just want to make sure that I understand the present limitations of the controller.

Denny

Denny,

You are correct in both cases. The manual has been updated to say that individual MP3s can only be 10 minutes, but that the show can contain many MP3s. The 128 MB SD card that comes with the DC-MP3 should be good for about an hour of musical sequences.

If you leave the power jumper on the DC-MP3 and any connected controller is powered, it will run the show on its SD card. If you normally leave the controllers on, you have to remove the jumper and power the DC-MP3 from a 12vdc brick.

John