Light-O-Rama Forums

Leaping Arch Sequencing Issue

Zano
Go to solution Solved by k6ccc,

I am adding RGB arches to my show this year, but am having problems with the sequencing.  I am pretty sure it is how I am defining my props, but I am not sure what is wrong.  I am still new to LoR as this is only my second year using it and I don't have a background in programming / electonrics, so my depth of knowledge is limited.  More trial and error than anything.

I am running LoR S5 version 5.6.8 Pro

I have 2x E1.31 RGB16 controllers.

Using an RGB ribbon that is 5 meters long with 30 RGB LED bulbs per meter (so 150 total).  Product Type WS2811/UCS1903 bought from Wow Lights

I want to use this single Ribbon to create 2 arches.  I already have the physical props made up.  With my current prop settings, it looks to work properly in the Preview editor, but in real life, it does not.  For example, If I use the Single Block feature to create the leaping arch effect, on the preview it shows that it only appears on a single arch which is intended.  But when applied to the real life arch, the single block travels through both arches (entire ribbon).

My prop setup is this

Arch 1

Shape: Arch

# of Sections: 1

# of RGB nodes per section: 75 (half of 150)

LoR Unit ID: 0D

Start Circuit: 1

End Circuit: 225

Arch 2

Shape: Arch

# of Sections: 1

# of RGB nodes per section: 75 (half of 150)

LoR Unit ID: 0D

Start Circuit: 226

End Circuit: 450

I've played around with the Motion Effect rows and I also tried changing the Start/End circuit and # of Nodes per section, but I can't seem to find the correct combination.  I am sure I am missing something simple, but I am confused as to why it looks correct in the preview, but not in real life.

Thanks in advance!

• Solution

First thing to check is if the RGB strips REALLY are 150 pixels.  I have no doubt that there are 150 LEDs per strip, but many ribbons are a third that many pixels.  In that case, three LEDs behave the same.  If you look at the photo below, from the cutting point to the end of the strip (where the blue heat shrink tubing is), that is a single pixel.  Although there are three RGB LEDs, there is only one 2811 chip.  If your browser does not imbed the image, there is a direct link to it.  If you post a link to the ribbon you bought, we can easily tell.

Planter_strip_backfeed.jpg

http://www.newburghlights.org/photos/Planter_strip_backfeed.jpg

The Number of Pixels per Arch is 25 or as you listed "Nodes" (Not 75 Nodes) --- Each Pixel uses 3 LED's... 3 LED's x 50 Pixel IC Chips = the 5Meter 150 LED Ribbon Strip...

Edited by Jimehc

You guys are absolutely correct.  I just dropped the nodes value to 25 for each prop and everything works exactly like it is supposed to now.  I completely forgot that each pixel uses 3 LED's.  I knew I was missing something basic.  Thank you for helping me out!