Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linker

Guest guest

are there any suggestions for mounting these, do they have mounting holes? it seems like theft would be a concern... can they be placed inside the enclosures?

I might have missed it someplace, but my question is. You hook up your USB485B ( Booster) to your transmitter ELL unit, ( ex. Computer-USB485B-ELL(transmitter) ) Will the signal be good enough to the outside the house, say through a window, or does the transmitting unit need to be outside the house?

Final preparations for the sale, would love to try this unit. Any feed back from those testing this unit last year. Thanks

The SC485 connects to the serial port on your computer, the usb 485 connects to usb as does the usb485b but allows you to plug in 2 cat 5 cables (most likly will be used by most people to hook up wireless)

So the SC485 is what currently comes in the starter package.( I believe) Can you still use this to hook up the wireless. Or do you need the one with booster (USB485B) to power the wireless. Sorry but I am trying to get un-confused.. Thanks

Scottsgrfx wrote:

I might have missed it someplace, but my question is. You hook up your USB485B ( Booster) to your transmitter ELL unit, ( ex. Computer-USB485B-ELL(transmitter) ) Will the signal be good enough to the outside the house, say through a window, or does the transmitting unit need to be outside the house?

Final preparations for the sale, would love to try this unit. Any feed back from those testing this unit last year. Thanks

Paragraph #2 Page 12

[align=left]2. The antenna should point up, be a least a foot[/align]

[align=left]away from any vertical surface and about 8’[/align]

[align=left]off the ground. If possible, try to avoid[/align]

[align=left]obstructions between transceivers.[/align]

[align=left]***Obstructions meaning windows???? thanks[/align]