Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR has come a long way with it's software

ebrown1972

I just wanted to give a shout out to LOR for the great work they have done with their software. A lot of people will say that the other software (Xlights) is much better for RGB displays. I don't see it that way. I've used both and have stuck with LOR since 2012. I love the ease of use with LOR and have found it simple to sequence with for the most part. I have also used Superstar since 2012 although most of my sequencing is now done with S6.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a shout out to the team at LOR. Keep up the good work!

Eric

• Like 5

Same here, I started in 2012 with version 3. It certainly has come a very long ways since then. I still miss the V4 visualizer though.

• Like 2

Agreed.  Downloaded 2.9.4, but before I could do anything with it, 3.0.4 came out.  Started running my landscape lighting on that shortly thereafter.  Been using SuperStar since the fall of 2012 Started with S3 right after it came.

Yea, I also miss being able to "watch" the show live on the Visualizer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Downloaded 2.9.4, but before I could do anything with it, 3.0.4 came out. 

We must have started at almost exactly the same time and for the record, I also miss the Visualizer.

I sure miss the days of not having thousands of channels to program.

Edited by PhilMassey
  • Haha 1

I've been on since 2010  I think I had about 10   16 channel AC controllers, when pixels came along i was terrified and E1-31 i thought id never figure it out.

I never got past 32 channels before going to pixels in my third year.

Actually I'm  just retiring the two AC controllers this year. 

I Saw my first LOR controlled show at a friends house in December of 2008 and the next day I bought just the software. I believe it was version S2.  Then I played around with that until later in 2009 when I got one A/C controller. 2009 was my first Christmas show with  only 16 channels. back then, 16 channels was a bit over whelming. lol. This year I have well over 20,000 channels all RGB and thanks to you all, most of the time I got it under control. The best part for me about this hobby is the people I have met here following these forums. The fact that all of you out there in LOR Land have helped me out both directly and indirectly has made this hobby so much fun. Thanks to all of you and a big thanks to the LOR Team for such a great product. 

Be Well friends.

Kenny

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I started with S1 (which was known as "Light-O-Rama"). S2 came out before my 2nd year with neat features like RGB and multiple tracks, each with a different timing grid.

Yes, they have come a long way. It seems like sequencing still takes the same amount of time, but that could be because I have a pixel tree and 4 times the ordinary channels now, which would be impossible with S1.

31 minutes ago, Steven said:

multiple tracks, each with a different timing grid.

Can you imagine what people of today would say about the software back then?
Oh, you want to chase one set of lights that's over 4 channels, and another that's over 6 channels? Get ready for a lot of timing marks! 
I still have a copy of 1.6.15. Might try and get a Windows XP/98 machine together one day and fire it up for old times sake.