Light-O-Rama Forums

6.2.6 installed. Testing started.

k6ccc

Let's start with the most important observation.  I can't change my forum profile to reflect that I am now using 6.2.6.  Could not set 6.2.4 either... 😄

6.2.6 installed on several computers including my file server that runs the year round landscape lighting "show".  Installation went fine on each computer so far.  Server is waiting till dark to start the evening show.

Landscape lighting show ran fine on my file server last night on 6.2.6.

Have not had time to check anything else.

• Like 1

I am still having issues with adding any movie file to a pixel tree, it gets stuck in calculation. Anyone else tried this?

On 5/19/2023 at 1:47 PM, TexasLights said:

I am still having issues with adding any movie file to a pixel tree, it gets stuck in calculation. Anyone else tried this?

Did a test several hours ago and still have the EXTREMELY SLOWLY spinning orange circle next to the preview name.

Good morning,

I have the same problem, I have (Preview calculation status) running in a loop.

Then when I create an effect with superStar , the copy and paste still does not work correctly, after 2 pastes, Preview calculation runs in a loop.

Cordially

ESTRUGA Pedro

i ended up dropping back to 6.1.  I really liked some of the new features, but I kept running into calculation issues.  Calculates in seconds now. This song has both movie and superstar and not sure which caused it.  I Know they are working on it so I will give it a couple more updates and try it again

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning,
Have you heard from MattBrown for a new update to fix bugs in 6.2.6
Cordially
ESTRUGA Pedro

6.2.6 works fine with all sequences except one. it will not load up, icon just keeps spinning and program crashes when i try and close it out . Rolled back to 6.2.2 and it loaded up and played fine. I installed 6.2.6 again and same situation the program in question I have 3 versions saved with varying progress and none of the versions will load. anyone have any thoughts

Randy, does the one sequence have anything that the others do not (i.e. some certain effect, SuperStar, etc)?

yes and no all my songs have motion effects,superstar effects and a 1000 channels or more only thing different is. that it is an 8 min sequence that is comprised of 3 old sequences that are copy pasted together. also i tried going from 6.2.2 to 6.2.4 which both worked and then 6.2.6 again which still wont load. i even tried loading it up from an flash drive. whatever is different about 6.2.6 is causing the issue tried erasing audio that did not work. also tried copy paste that did not work also?

I am having the same problem with all my sequences that have long Movie files. One sequence that has a .WMV as the main media and is loaded in a Movie motion effects row in the same sequence, always freezes the program. I have to close the sequencer with the task manager every time. I never had this issue in 6.2.2 or 6.2.4.

I have had similar problems, but with SS effects in 6.2.0 through 6.2.6. I had to revert to 6.1.10 to get things to work. Here is what I experienced, in case it helps:

Working in 6.2.6, I could not copy and paste a SuperStar effect that was about 6.5 seconds long. Ctrl-C appeared to copy, but upon Ctrl-V, Sequencer would hang, with a spinning circle. I had to use Task Manager to kill the Sequencer. Thought maybe I was running out of RAM, but checking the Task Manager's memory performance graph showed that was not the case.

Then I had problems opening an old sequence, created in v5, that had a lot of SS effects. It would hang on open - never finished the calculations. Even older sequences with few or no SS effects would take noticeably longer to load than previously.

Reverting to 6.1.10 solved all these problems.

dB

Here is system info:

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
     Installed RAM    8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
     System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
     Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
     Version    22H2
     Installed on    ‎9/‎7/‎2020
     OS build    19045.3086

8 GB of ram for a modern Windows installation is really insufficient. 16 GB is highly recommended.

Windows and it's associated components will use a couple of gigs and I see 3 to 4 gigs used with just the empty Sequencer loaded. That's before any sequences are loaded.

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

8 GB of ram for a modern Windows installation is really insufficient. 16 GB is highly recommended.

Insufficient ram was my concern, too, originally. However the problems I had with 6.2.6 (see previous post) went away with 6.1.10. I suppose that version could need less RAM than 6.2.6, but that didn't seem to be borne out by the memory monitor in Task Manager, which never showed more than about 75% usage.

I'm not really expecting a resolution to my problem on this forum. I merely posted the info in case it helps the programmers with troubleshooting, since others have had issues with 6.2.6, also.

Edited by dmboothe
Additional info

On 5/22/2023 at 5:34 AM, Peponne31 said:

Good morning,

I have the same problem, I have (Preview calculation status) running in a loop.

Then when I create an effect with superStar , the copy and paste still does not work correctly, after 2 pastes, Preview calculation runs in a loop.

Cordially

ESTRUGA Pedro

I am having the same issue. It seems to appear mostly after creating effects in Superstar and inserting it back into PE. I've attached a picture of the spinning preview and eventually I have to shut down S6 with the task manager. I'm on 6.2.6 pro level. 

Preview spinning 6_2_6.png

• 2 weeks later...

The issue with the calculations locking up on sequences with SuperStar and/or Movie effects (either while loading, or after a paste) will be fixed in the next release. The release should happen towards the end of July.

Thanks to everyone for posting your feedback - that is very helpful.

If you are going to Christmas Expo, please put your problem sequences on a flash drive and we can try them out on the unreleased software - which will be running in the LOR booth. Hope to see you in Lexington, KY!

On 7/7/2023 at 9:18 PM, MattBrown said:

The issue with the calculations locking up on sequences with SuperStar and/or Movie effects (either while loading, or after a paste) will be fixed in the next release. The release should happen towards the end of July.

Thanks to everyone for posting your feedback - that is very helpful.

Sounds good. Thanks Matt! :)