Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Faces Physical Size

Frostee

I know this seems simple, but I am considering purchasing these and I cannot find the physical size in the website. Do any of you actually have these and would be willing to share the dimensions?  Thanks

10 hours ago, Frostee said:

I know this seems simple, but I am considering purchasing these and I cannot find the physical size in the website. Do any of you actually have these and would be willing to share the dimensions?  Thanks

There was LOR  documentation (see that site) The 4 mouth Felix says it is 42x42

I am presuming you're asking this to get an idea of how and what size to build a frame and/or support system for the LOR Singing Trees.

I have Zuzu and Ralphie, 4 mouth versions, they are 42 inches x 42 inches, when I built my frame, the wood used was 2" wide, I cut the upright {vertical) pieces to 42", and since these are 2" wide, I cut the side to side {horizontal} pieces to 38" so the fit by butting up snugly to the vertical pieces.  The wood I used came from Home Depot, and I think they referenced them as wood fence supports or something to that effect, been a while since I purchased them, so don't recall their exact name, but they are 48 inches {4-feet} long.  Been using these frames for a few years now, have held up very well for my use.  I just use deck screws through 4 pilot holes and mount them directly to my wooden handicap ramp, although I have used wooden yard stakes {36', basically 3-feet} long attached to the vertical wood frame and just stuck them into the ground for freestanding use.

Just depends on how and what you want to mount them on, others have used PVC pipe for a backing and freestanding frame to place the singing tree{s} anywhere in their display.  Contact JR Dibble here for more info on how to do the freestanding frame and support using PVC pipe.  It was just cheaper for me to use the wood option, albeit the wood does make the singing tree much heavier than I'm sure the PVC version is.  One day I may redo mine with PVC, but for now, I'll leave mine as they are.

All depends on how YOU want to do it, as there are other options that folks have come up with for these as well.  No 100% right or wrong way to create the frame for the dimensions, just personal preference.

Hope this may have been of some help.