Light-O-Rama Forums

6.2.4 small level change error

k6ccc
Go to solution Solved by MattBrown,

Version 6.2.4 in Sequencer when making a level change that is VERY small, the change is ignored.

Details.  Single white light that is normally sitting at 50%.  Once in a while I change the level just enough that the controller sees a change which avoids a different bug where the light will go out randomly if the level never changes (hours).  So I enter a fade down from 50% to 49%, and then fade back up to 50%.  The fade down and fade up are completely ignored.  In the screen capture below, I created a fade down at 0:24.90 - 0:25.00 and fade up from 0:25.00 to 0:25.10 (circled in blue).  Although you can't see it because of the way the screen capture worked, I was resting the cursor over this channel at 0:24.80 - 0:24.90 (as indicated with the green arrow), which should have been the end of 50% intensity.  However looking at the pop-up box, it shows that the Effect Time is the entire 0.00 to 4:00.00 sequence.  If I change the minimum intensity to 48% and stay with a maximum intensity of 50%, it works as expected.  I have tested this with a bunch of different levels, but any time the level change is only 1%, it is ignored.

6.2.4_small-level-error.png

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/6.2.4_small-level-error.png

To make it better, If I copy a segment from an old sequence that correctly has 49% - 50% fades, when pasted into 6.2.4, the small fade is again ignored.

Well, by George!

Learn something new regularly.

Thanks Matt.

Would it be possible to have the smooth to fades level as a preference so we don't have to remember to change it everytime we open a sequence.

51 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Would it be possible to have the smooth to fades level as a preference so we don't have to remember to change it everytime we open a sequence.

I had the same thought.  I understand how it can be changed to a different setting while sequencing, and why you might want to do so.  However I agree it would be nice to have it default by way of preferences to a particular setting.

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2023 at 7:59 AM, PhilMassey said:

This will be in the next release - set from the same menu.