Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing wiring diagrams

Red Lily Way Christmas

Running LOR 6.2.2.  Programed all my sequences using the model for the PPD Geowreath from boscoyo.  It was selected from the add prop menu.   Got the actual coro and the rear wiring diagram marked sequence is opposite (horizontally) what the wiring diagram out of LOR says.  Yes I'm looking at the rear view.   Is there a way to flip the LOR wiring diagram to match how the pixels are pushed.  Found in LOR how to flip the pixels horizontally,  however the software does not render the motion effects correctly after I do that.  Just get a few dots of lights showing up.   Undoing this by flipping them again resolves it back to the way it was. 

Looking for suggestions on how to address this before I make it worse.   My concern would be that if I have LOR defined the lights opposite of the wiring that horizontal panning effects will go opposite the way they need to go.  Also could ignore the wiring diagram lines on the back and wire it the way LOR says, but that could be tricky making sure 600 lights go into the correct spot given all the layout lines already there.

Edited by Red Lily Way Christmas
Update

May be a dumb question, but is the wiring diagram supposed to be front facing or rear facing?  Make sure - don't assume.  I would be surprised if the downloaded prop file was backwards - but that is just an educated guess.

Again, my educated guess is that the LOR download is front facing, and maybe the actual prop building instructions shows rear facing because that is the side that pixels are inserted from.

• Thanks 1

Pixel 1 is on the Bottom - and on the back side of the Prop, I assume there is a wiring path... Is pixel 2&3 to the right or left of pixel 1 in that path... As the Model may have been setup using the Front View... I which case you would Flip the custom grid - then in your Preview you would select existing prop - add or manage Motion Effect Row > then select Merge Defaults

• Thanks 1

The rear view of the wiring diagram has the pixels going to the right of pixel 1 at the bottom.   This is out of LOR.  RIght click on prop, wiring view.  Rear view was selected.  This was the downloaded prop from the Add dialogue selecting this boscoyo prop, ppd geowreath.   While the layout lines on the prop from boscoyo have them going to the left.      I tried flipping the custom light placement grid horizontally.   The flip works, but the sequences with motion effects no longer work.   Sounds like that is a software issue.  Flipping them back and the motion effects go back to working.   Seems like I will just have to follow the wiring layout going to the right (and ignore the layout lines on the back of the prop).   Maybe it won't be that terrible.  Tried attaching wiring view but it was too large to attach.  thank you for the two responses.   Jim

Flip, then in your Preview SEQUENCE you would select existing prop - right-click / add or manage Motion Effect Row > then select Merge Defaults

Edited by Jimehc
  • Thanks 1

Just tried that after reading your post. Flipped it, went into sequence as you stated and merged defaults.  This fixes most motion effect rows.  Appears that the custom motion effect rows that I created, even though they remain on this list after the merge (though now blurry), the effect does not work properly.  Nor could they be fixed by going into the motion effect dialogue and 'redoing' it.  Looks like software error.

You would have to Cut the existing Sequencing from your Custom Motion Effects....  Verify / recreate the Custom Motion Effects Rows, then Paste back in the Sequencing...  If the your custom rows where not part of the Default (Prop Definition) Rows then they did not realize the Prop Flip...

• Thanks 1

The problem with using xLights models - is they are created using Front View - when Imported into LOR, LOR assumes it is Rear View...

Thus the Prop needs to be Flipped in the LOR Custom Grid.