Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller Setup does not find FPP controller

David in Apache

Just installed S6.2.2 Pro and trying out the controller setup utility. I have it scan the network and it comes back with several devices on my network, but doesn't return the FPP controller on the same network. I can manually login to the controller and ping it by IP address and hostname. FPP controller is a Beaglebone black with K8-B cap.

Tell me exactly what you are trying to do - and what steps you are taking.  I use almost exclusively E1.31 including two FPP instances so am very familiar with E1.31 setup in LOR.

The Controller Setup for web based controllers only gives a list of found devices and link to access the web page for each device found - it does not by itself do any configuration setup.  I can't test to see if it detects my FPP instances as they are not powered up and I'm not home to plug them in right now.  My recollection is that in the past the LOR CP does detect them.  I can test that this evening after I get home.  This may sound like an odd question, but what FPP version are you running?

Thanks, Jim. That answers my question. I had never seen that option before and since I was building a new fpp controller wanted to see if that option might help with the LOR configuration for the device. I have a couple FPP matrixes in my LOR show so I'm familiar with manual configuration. Even though it always takes me a while to remember how to do it from year to year :)