Light-O-Rama Forums

S6.2 Future Update

wicket82

I am liking the new motion effects in 6.2 and I like that now it will show a picture of the effects in the sequencer. One suggestion I have though is to remove the white outline around the effects in the sequencer. The AC lights do not have this white outline around them. When copying an effect, it makes it a little difficult to see exactly what cell the effect starts in so it's hard to tell what cell to paste it in. Other than that small "issue", I am liking 6.2 so far. So, thanks Matt and the rest of the LOR team.

2 hours ago, wicket82 said:

One suggestion I have though is to remove the white outline around the effects in the sequencer. The AC lights do not have this white outline around them. When copying an effect, it makes it a little difficult to see exactly what cell the effect starts in so it's hard to tell what cell to paste it in.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately the outline is necessary as it is possible to generate a motion effect icon that is completely black. If you didn't have the outline, you wouldn't know that the effect is even there.

Also, Hold effects are outlined in red to distinguish them from "regular" effects. This can be an aid in sequencing.

8 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately the outline is necessary as it is possible to generate a motion effect icon that is completely black. If you didn't have the outline, you wouldn't know that the effect is even there.

Thanks. I was afraid of that. I was hoping that since there is no outline around AC lights (sequencer has a grey background), that maybe it could be removed with from the motion effect rows. Even if giving us the option to change the background color of the motion effect rows from black to say a shade of grey that is different from the AC. Or even the same color. Color wouldn't really matter as much if the outline could be removed. But I understand why it can't be removed right now though. Thanks again.

Edit: I just realized there is no white outline around motion effects when they are displayed the old way. So I will revert back to that. Once again, thanks for all the hard work in updating the software.

Edited by wicket82