Light-O-Rama Forums

Few Questions before Starting the Install of 6.2

machtoo

1.  Would like to know what to expect in terms of changes from 5.6.10 Pro?  Is there a doc anywhere?
2. Will this upgrade over the top of my current install so it finds all sequences, audio, graphics etc?  I typically point to my existing Light O Rama folder for installs.
3.  spent a month adding a second 16x100 pixel tree to my hybrid legacy/pixel display....360 legacy channels and two 16x100 pixel trees folded for 32x100 half trees.  42 sequences in the show so do not want to lose anything.
4. Is the V6 interface essentially the same navigation as V5 with some new features?

Thanks,

Dean

See the what's new section of the help file.

There have been a lot of fixes and updates since 5.6 but the fundamental interface is the same.

The upgrade should install on top. Always back up your LOR folder, just in case.

A few people have posted issues on here and on FB so be aware.

I installed on top yesterday and had no license issues or sequence issues but some sequences may take some time to open.

Note also that just opening the sequence in S6.2 makes NO change to the sequence itself, so you can always go back if you want.

While it works, there are some calculation performance issues with the initial 6.2.0 build, you may want to wait a day or so for the update to post before installing it.  

The sequencer is quite similar between S5 and S6, but the Control Panel is very different.