Light-O-Rama Forums

got 6.2 and a few nice features

TexasLights

Love the icons in the grid view, makes things that much clearer.  Even shows the video image for movies...

The new motion effects are pretty modern feeling to the effects.

Is there a hint of improved integration with superstar?

6.2 loads as a DEMO for me some reason even though I have the PRO access? Tried 3 times and it still loads as a DEMO! I'm now back to 6.1.10.

16 minutes ago, camarozl1owner said:

6.2 loads as a DEMO for me some reason even though I have the PRO access? Tried 3 times and it still loads as a DEMO! I'm now back to 6.1.10.

Having Pro is not what allows you access to download 6.2.0 or not. Having an active license for S6 is what is required, meaning you have made a license related purchase after March 31, 2022 (one year of the release date). The 'How Long Is My License Good For' sections on the License Purchase and Upgrade pages explains in more detail: https://store.lightorama.com/products/software-major-release-upgrade

Here is the Problem as I see it, The New Version installed as a "Demo Version" after uninstalling a "Licensed" Version - Without a Warning or Notification.

It would be nice if the software did a License Version Check- (as the values and files are present) prior to uninstalling the existing software.

Then prompting the user with message and Options to Continue, cancel or purchase

Personally, I do not think about what release I'm entitled to or even care,

most of us just want the Newest, Latest and Greatest, nor is $29.95 gonna really matter in the whole scheme of the investment..

It is more the WTF Happened... And the popup Message when it does not register - Does Not Provide Precise Information..

So I would like to see better Messaging in from the Software vs Contact Help Desk

I'll also note that it did not carry over my existing network settings. which requires the user to try to reconfigure the network with existing com ports in use (unless the Network Setup was exported/Saved)

Edited by Jimehc

I saw a few nice changes as well but truthfully, I've not had a chance to go through everything. I did notice that some of my RBG props, the effect row blocks appeared to be "X" out. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Anyway, one motion effect that didn't appear to do anything was the "Spiral". Nothing I tried would make it respond. Again, I might have been doing something wrong. I'll get back to it in the next day or two.

3 hours ago, Jimehc said:

I'll also note that it did not carry over my existing network settings. which requires the user to try to reconfigure the network with existing com ports in use (unless the Network Setup was exported/Saved)

They are not actually wiped out. They are not displayed when in Demo mode. Once you purchase the upgrade and reactivate your license, your networks will reappear in the Control Panel.

/edit/ I should point out that earlier versions did wipe them out. But that changed in 6.2.0 to the behavior I describe above. /end edit/

We will work on the messaging. Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by MattBrown
clarification

Matt, I will verify on my show laptop after Easter Display.. But 6.2 did at first install as a demo - I upgraded license - reactivated - and then had to import Network Settings...

Although my laptop should activate without issue now that license valid for Release - But I will verify..

Also, Thank You - for the right click context menu "Format" options in the Preview

Edited by Jimehc

1 hour ago, Jimehc said:

Matt, I will verify on my show laptop after Easter Display.. But 6.2 did at first install as a demo - I upgraded license - reactivated - and then had to import Network Settings...

Although my laptop should activate without issue now that license valid for Release - But I will verify

The next release won't even hide the networks in demo mode, but will instead give you a "Not supported by license" message. See the attached image.

Version 6.2.1 Demo Network screen.png

On 4/1/2023 at 4:00 PM, TexasLights said:

Love the icons in the grid view, makes things that much clearer.  Even shows the video image for movies...

The new motion effects are pretty modern feeling to the effects.

Is there a hint of improved integration with superstar?

YES! I am really liking the new features of the latest release. 

3 hours ago, dgrant said:

I saw a few nice changes as well but truthfully, I've not had a chance to go through everything. I did notice that some of my RBG props, the effect row blocks appeared to be "X" out. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Anyway, one motion effect that didn't appear to do anything was the "Spiral". Nothing I tried would make it respond. Again, I might have been doing something wrong. I'll get back to it in the next day or two.

Spiral worked for me on the pixel tree.  It basically made it look like one of the traditional multi-string AC mega trees

3 hours ago, MattBrown said:

The next release won't even hide the networks in demo mode, but will instead give you a "Not supported by license" message. See the attached image.

Very Good and I like the very precise messaging

23 hours ago, TexasLights said:

Spiral worked for me on the pixel tree.  It basically made it look like one of the traditional multi-string AC mega trees

Yeah, my spirals are single ws2811 strips in a spiral formation, so the spiral motion effect wouldn't do anything for me. I know I'll have to use something else to create the effect. I did it last year and it worked but don't have my show computer on this moment to see what I did. I do remember during the actual show, some of my spiral trees, 12 of them, would just flash on and off but the rest would a actually have spiral effects. Yep, what works and what doesn't I'll have to go back and see.