Light-O-Rama Forums

Purchased S6 software

SantaLudy

I purchased the upgrade to 6.1.10.  I have updated my key.  Now, it states that I dont have to download the install file to have the new version applied.  How does that happen, because i do not see any changes from my older version.  

When you purchase an upgrade, you shouldn't be getting a new key. The same key is updated in their records to show then you are now eligible to run S6. If you got an entire new key, something went wrong and you should contact the help desk.

You would need to download and install S6 here.

Last year I upgraded to S6 and used it last Christmas. I got the email about Version 6.2.0 which states, "Downloading this software version and gaining access to all of these new motion effects is FREE for any user with an active Pro license for s6". My license is Pro Edition with SuperStar 80_CCR, but still had to pay to unlock 6.2.0. Am I missing something here? 

3 minutes ago, Powers_Ronald said:

Last year I upgraded to S6 and used it last Christmas. I got the email about Version 6.2.0 which states, "Downloading this software version and gaining access to all of these new motion effects is FREE for any user with an active Pro license for s6". My license is Pro Edition with SuperStar 80_CCR, but still had to pay to unlock 6.2.0. Am I missing something here? 

You're going to need to send in a help desk ticket. Without knowing your purchase history, or anything like that, none of us here are going to be able to tell you what happened.

if you where able to upgrade from S5 to S6 last year without charge you were lucky (or so I was told) - If you have not actually purchase S6 - then you have to Renew Your Annual License Upgrade for $29.95

As I was told > at some point everybody using S6 will have to pay the 29.95

You have successfully renewed your Light-O-Rama Software key. Your
license key has not changed. Your renewed license allows you to use
the latest version of software.

Your license is now good through version 6.8.* (and any future versions =
released by April 1, 2024).

2 hours ago, Jimehc said:

As I was told > at some point everybody using S6 will have to pay the 29.95

That’s not correct.

It depends on “when” the user purchased or received 6.1….

JR

So this statement by the VP of the company is not correct..

In summary, everyone does have to pay the $29.95 at some point if they want S6. You may have just gotten lucky with when your last license purchase date was and got to use the first version of S6 for free. 🙂

Edited by Jimehc

54 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

So this statement by the VP of the company is not correct..

I will leave it to you, to decipher.

JR

It appears "That Point" has come for some of us..

Nothing to decipher, other then the keyword "Purchased" used by you.

Look - I've been around 20 years now and I KNOW that there is always some confusion around this issue.

If Joe Smith purchases a license (or Major Release Upgrade) on June 30 2024 for S6, and then LOR releases S7 on July 15 2024
Joe would get:
Any and all versions of S6.xx forever.
Any version of S7 released before June 29, 2025.

So, in other words, the only people with this 6.1* thing are people who's last license purchase was between August 22, 2021 (a year before S6 was released) and March 30, 2022 (a year before 6.2.0. was released).

Everyone good now?

https://store.lightorama.com/products/software-major-release-upgrade

If you made your last license related purchase when S5 was the current version, but within the one year prior to the first release of S6 (purchase made on or after August 22, 2021), you are able to download the first minor version of S6 for free (6.1*) due to our bonus "One Year Promise" for software versions.

If you made your last license related purchase when S5 was the current version, but within one year prior to the second minor version release of S6 (purchase made on or after March 31, 2022), you are able to download the second version of S6 for free (6.2*) due to our bonus "One Year Promise" for software releases.

Thanks Don, all good now...

The reason the "Upgrade Purchase" came about is because the user updated the "Software Version" beyond the last "License Level" Purchased

Edited by Jimehc