Light-O-Rama Forums

Seperate Spoke and Rings from Boscoyo Spinner in S6

Obejohnknobe

Greeting everyone!!

Thank you all for your expertise in the past couple of posts for answers!  Really appreciate it!!!

So, found 2 Boyscoyo 22 inch spinners purchased a few years back and want to incorporate in the show.  When entering the spinner in the Preview Designer, it does have the Boycsoyo Prop in the list.  Printed out the wiring diagram to wire and tried a few motion effects in the sequence.  Using spinner, it displays the spin action in quadrants (like 1/4 of a pie) and not spokes.  Where can I separate out the spokes and rings and make them into separate groups?  According to the channels it displays in my show all and channel props in the sequence, it has 12 spokes and 4 rings.

Thank you for looking at this!

John

Spinner Motion Effects.jpg

Spinner channels.jpg

22 hours ago, Obejohnknobe said:

Where can I separate out the spokes and rings and make them into separate groups?

If I am understanding you correctly you want an all spokes group and an all ring(circle) group, Yes? If so you will have to ADD  a custom motion effects row for the grouping you want. Just add a new motion effect by pressing the plus ADD button in the upper left. Then change the Subsection to custom. on the diagram click all the parts of the prop to turn them white to associate the pixel in that group. that tells the custom row which pixels in the prop to activate for that Custom ME row. That's all there is. I have down loaded a lot of prop definitions that are similar to this one with a lot of ME rows That I would never use so I end up deleting most of the rows and then create my own, If I ever need those deleted rows back for some reason in the future I will just download the prop again and edit the ME rows as needed. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

Thanks!!!!!

It is what I have been looking for to separate them out but encountering another problem.  Would like to have 2 motion effects at least for both the spokes and circles but not sure if I am doing it correctly.  Both spinners have 2 motion effects, 1 for spokes and the 2nd for circles under spinner 1.  Just want 2 motion effects for Spokes and 2 motion effects for circles completely separate from each other, like Spinner 1 Spokes and it has 2 motion effects and spinner 1 Circles with 2 motion effects.  I am drawing a blank on that one Any idea how I can go farther?

Thanks!!

John

15 hours ago, Obejohnknobe said:

It is what I have been looking for to separate them out but encountering another problem.  Would like to have 2 motion effects at least for both the spokes and circles but not sure if I am doing it correctly.  Both spinners have 2 motion effects, 1 for spokes and the 2nd for circles under spinner 1.  Just want 2 motion effects for Spokes and 2 motion effects for circles completely separate from each other, like Spinner 1 Spokes and it has 2 motion effects and spinner 1 Circles with 2 motion effects.  I am drawing a blank on that one Any idea how I can go farther?

Just copy the motion effects row you want to duplicate by highlighting it. Then hit the copy ( 2 sheets of paper) tab top right. then hit the Paste (clipboard) next to the copy tab and an exact copy is added as a new row with the same name at the bottom. It's that easy. And one other thing. My suggestion is if you think you need 2 rows of the rings and 2 rows of spokes, double it and make 4 rows of each. you will thank me latter for this advise. hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

Kenny,

Thank you!!!!

Took a day to figure out where to do the copy and paste and now it works!  Off to do layers in a sequence to see the results.  Really appreciate the help!!!!

John

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Obejohnknobe said:

Kenny,

Thank you!!!!

Took a day to figure out where to do the copy and paste and now it works!  Off to do layers in a sequence to see the results.  Really appreciate the help!!!!

John

You're welcome 

• Like 1