Light-O-Rama Forums

Grid view group in Sequencer

MattJ

Hi Folks

I am sure this is user error, but I'm really struggling to create a grid view group in Sequencer (I'm running version 6.10 Pro).

To be clear. I know I can create preview group and I use them most but in this instance I do want a grid view group. 

The help file (still) says:

You can convert existing channels (and RGB channels, etc.) so that they become part of a new grid view group, by right-clicking on a channel, prop, or group name on the left side of the grid and select "Convert to Grid View Group" on the pop-up menu.

My issue is that the pop up menu does not show the Convert to grid View Group option at all any more - not for any prop, channel or group. 

Just me?

Cheers MattJ

10 hours ago, MattJ said:

My issue is that the pop up menu does not show the Convert to grid View Group option at all any more

You may be right-clicking a motion effect row and not a prop as it will not show for motion effect rows. It will only show when right clicking on a prop or group.

14 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Just you. 

Yep - It's me, Hi, I'm the problem, it's me! 🥴

4 hours ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

You may be right-clicking a motion effect row and not a prop as it will not show for motion effect rows. It will only show when right clicking on a prop or group.

Indeed I was - My earlier comment in my initial post was inaccurate. The Sequence grids for this sequence only had motion rows and so when I had all the groups expanded.... I only had motion rows to click on. My bad.

Thanks both for the quick feedback and for setting me straight. 

For anyone else that has this problem and wants grid view groups for motion effects only; here's my workaround:

• Enable Channel level on Pixel Prop for any prop where you want to group the motion effect rows. 
  • Right click on a channel to have the option to create a grid view group
  • Add the motion effect rows to the Grid View Group
  • Disable Channel level on Pixel Prop

Question to the LOR team if you are out there:

Why wouldn't you able able to create a grid view group by right clicking on Motion Effect Rows?